Last Saturday she had a birthday party with several friends. 8 to be exact. They were silly and had a good time. Then we went out to the ever-romantic Red Robin for dinner, Jillian's choice. It was SOOOOO funny to see couples out for Valentine's Day. We saw two girls in off-the-shoulder little black dress-type getups, and their boyfriends in jeans and t-shirts. Here's a hint, ladies. If he takes you to Red Robin for Valentine's Day, no need to wear heels.
Since there was no school on Monday, we played all day. I told myself I wasn't going to do any housework, and that I would say "yes" to every reasonable request the kids made. It worked out very well, and I actually got some of my things done too. We also went to Chuck E. Cheese's and had a great time.
On Jillian's actual birthday I took Wendy's to school and met her for lunch. All the kids thought that was pretty cool. Then she got to choose our family dinner (crepes, eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, and smoothies). We had Aunt Shauna and her family over, which we haven't done since Malia was born. Jillian's dessert request was blueberry cheesecake. Here are some photos from all the events.
I'll report on this weekend's party, a baby shower for my sister Shauna, in my next post. It was a smashing success. It's nice to remember I do like to throw parties and I'm not half bad at it. Maybe I'll put together a little bash in honor of moi. Nah.
Amy
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Jillian!! I can't believe you are 8 either. I used to try so hard to get you to talk to me when you were in nursery because you were the cutest 2-year-old ever. :) It sounds like you had some great celebrations for the big EIGHT. Your mom is so good to you ---- how cool to have her join you for lunch @ school!!
You're a great party thrower/hostess of the mostest, Amy. That picture of her party is silly and cute. Jillian is so photogenic!
What a beautiful, eight year old! Can't believe our kids are that old, Amy!
How fun. I wish I could have been there for the festivities!
Sounds like an awesome birthday! You know me, I love taking the whole month. I think birthdays are meant to be celebrated a ton!!!! Have fun on your birthday. I hope you plan something fun
You do throw fun parties. Those were some lucky girls! Happy Birthday to Jillian! Looks like a very fun (couple of) day(s).
Post a Comment