CC: Kyle, Pam, Michael Scott
Dear Dwight and Jim,
First, congratulations on your recent appointments to the Dunder Mifflin Scranton branch Party Planning Committee. You must be so proud of your accomplishments. But watch out, because I know Phyllis is just patiently waiting in the background, ready to snatch up the coveted position of chairperson should the opportunity arise.
My birthday is coming up in two weeks, so I thought I'd let you know some of my requests. I'd love it if you could come and put together my party. Here are the things I'd like:
1. A mint chocolate chip/chocolate cake ice cream cake from Baskin-Robbins. Enough to feed 10 or so.
2. A copy of the sign Dwight made for Kelly's birthday. It read "It is your birthday." So succinct. I love it.
3. If I get to choose between a one hour nap or one hour of television, I totally choose the nap. Maybe you could entertain my kids. No, not you, Dwight. Jim.
4. No theme is needed for my party. And I'm totally cool with half blown up gray and brown balloons. They're so "Schrute Farms."
5. If you bring some pals from The Office to my party, please leave Creed and Meredith behind. They kind of creep me out. But tell Phyllis she is more than welcome to bring Bob Vance from Vance Refrigeration. He seems like a nice guy. Oh, bring the warehouse guys too.
6. Now that we've invited so many people, maybe we should hold the party somewhere else. Maybe Chili's or Benihana??
7. I hope Michael's back from his lecture circuit by them. It wouldn't be quite the same without him.
Thanks so much, Jim and Dwight. I know you'll make my 32nd birthday party my best ever.
Sincerely,
Amy _________________
And if you need any ideas for a birthday party with a Valentine's Day theme, here's what I have planned for my daughter Jillian's birthday tomorrow.
1. Greet guests. As they arrive, have them come in and make some valentines
2. Play some party games
Post office relay – teams must deliver several valentines to places throughout the house.
Kiss the frog prince – frog prince on paper, blindfold each girl, have lips
Telephone with love phrases – sit in circle, whisper in ears
Guess who loves you – one person sits in chair with blindfold one. Another guest says “I love you” in silly voice. Guess who it is.
Find the heart – Medium-sized heart is hidden somewhere in the room. A team of two girls tries to find it. The other players say “hot, cold” to indicate where they should look for the heart.
3. Decorate cupcakes and EAT them! (Sing to Jillian. Have “love potion” punch and other treats too.)
4. Open presents.
5. Make a candy necklace to take home.
Decorations: helium mylar balloons and red roses. Each guest gets to take home a rose, her valentines, and the candy heart necklace.
6 comments:
wayne & I kept pausing the TV last night during Office & 30Rock...they did not disappoint! It will be hard to beat Kelly's party, but good luck:)
J's party sounds darling. I love the kiss the frog game. are you giving them lips or are you caking bright red lipstick on the girls and crossing your fingers that they kiss the frog and not the wall? :) Have a ball!
Hil.ar.ious.
And what cute cute ideas for Jillian's party! Hope it goes well.
So funny. I wish we were coming.
Sounds like a fun party! Post pictures soon!
Man, I missed a good party! But then, I didn't get an invitation, so I guess I didn't really miss it. WE're excited to celebrate with you tonight!
Wow, I sure hope Kyle reads your blog! And I want to come to your party!
Post a Comment