Saturday, February 16, 2008

I "Heart" My Family


Valentine's Day was lots of fun. I got the kids these cute robes. They are so grown-up with them on. They wear them in the morning and evening when it's cool, and of course after their baths. Our dinner was a success despite the Bean's complaints. Man, that girl had a lot to say! The filet mignon was quite good, and the fettucine was absolutely perfect. In my humble opinion, of course. I do have a wee bit of a confession, though. I was so tired and full after dinner that I didn't make the molten chocolate cakes. The kids had already eaten so many treats that day, and my stomach was kind of hurting. Kyle didn't seem too disappointed. I've promised him a romantic evening NEXT week when I will make the cakes. We got each other funny cards and watched "Lost" together. Hey, we've been married almost 10 years. Not every Valentine's Day has tons of sparks, right?

Still the love of my life. Besides, I don't kiss and tell!

Our pretty table. The kids were fascinated by the pink hearts in the vase. And they loved blowing out the candles. Notice no flowers. Hmm. None seemed to appear this year. Curious.

Bean and Pea said they were on a date. How cute, huh?

This picture is from Wednesday. It was AWESOMELY sunny. I loved that day! I went on a run in the afternoon and totally kicked it. Try running to "The Distance" by Cake if you ever want to feel pumped up. It was great to finally feel exhilarated after so many depressing gloomy days.

Asparagus got to sit in the high chair! This thing's been sitting in our basement since we moved here, doubling as a basketball standard. I couldn't get her to look up for this pic, though, because she was much too fascinated by the little star sweet potato puffs. She can even grab one on occasion.

Ta ta for now!

Amy

2 comments:

Amy D said...

Wow, your dinner looks amazing! You really went all out on the table decorations and everything. We'll have to get together for molten cakes again (didn't I make them last year for your bday when you were here?). Yum! I love the robes too.

Michael Family said...

That's a good song.

Your dinner sounds fun. The steak, asparagus, and new potatoes that I made got cold while waiting for Wayne to come home. Turns out there were power lines down over the train tracks, so I had to go pick him up at a station like 10 miles away at 8pm. Oh well. At least we had flourless chocolate cake with raspberry puree and whipping cream. Yum yum. And flowers (because I told Wayne he should get some!)

I miss you guys!