Our little veggies are truly a combination of their parents' genes. In our case, they combined really well for the most part. Hayden got the combination of my sensitivity and Kyle's intensity, which sometimes makes for volatile situations, but he's also a very dynamic kid with a big personality and lots of interest in life. I love to look at my children and see traits of both me and Kyle in their faces. Kara, who at first glance looks nothing like me, does have my ears and is getting a few freckles, just like me.
I recently saw a meme on Facebook that kind of made me sad. It said something like "At least I don't have ugly children." No children are ugly. As Mother's Day approaches, I can't help but think of all the beautiful children I know. A neighbor of mine, who's at least half Mexican, has the most beautiful toddler. She has curly black hair and striking blue eyes. I love to look at her. Children are innocent and loving and curious. They want to learn and experience the world, but be protected at the same time. They are naturally happy when their needs are being met. Even if I didn't have children of my own, I know I would love to be with and care for children in some capacity.
Here are some photos from Easter. Kyle was still at church and these were taken later in the afternoon, so they're not too fancy. We had family photos taken last night. I can't wait to see how they turned out and how we've changed in the 3 years since we last had them taken. I definitely have beautiful children, as does everyone!
See the look on Kate's face? Makes me so happy. That girl truly loves me. And I love her too.
5 comments:
I love this post. I too feel that all children are beautiful. I loved getting to know your kids through your blog and then in person. Jillian is looking more and more like you and so grown up! I love the look on Kate's face. What beautiful pictures.
That one of Kate really is adorable. That is so sweet. Your kids are beautiful! I love them too!
That one of Kate really is adorable. That is so sweet. Your kids are beautiful! I love them too!
I cant wait to see your family pictures either! Although I still need to see the new couches ans lamp? How have I not been over? Anyway, I really enjoyed our date the other night and am so happy that we are friends. I love you Amy.
Your Jillian is SO pretty! And Hayden handsome, and Kara and Kate so cute. I love the laughing picture. And I like your hair cut! It looks very flattering. Can't wait to see you in person!
Post a Comment