Friday, August 24, 2012

Two Cute

 My baby is two.  Babyhood is over.  The highchair is gone, she doesn't use a binky or a bib, and as soon as we get back from a vacation where Grandma is babysitting, we're ditching the crib and the diapers.  It's the end of an era.  We don't plan to have any more children, although I wouldn't mind adopting a boy just younger than Kate if the circumstances were right.  I'm excited to be moving forward, past the days of two naps, sippy cups, teething toys, and baby food.  But we have to stop for just a minute and celebrate Kate!

Sprout is my sassiest child ever.  She also loves to get herself dressed.  If ever I don't know where she is and it's too quiet, I know she's in her room changing her clothes.  Pajamas are her favorite.  Pants are her least favorite.  She loves to play with babies, sing and dance, read stories, and demand things.  She also loves to eat and often says "my hungry."  Kate can almost count to 20, although she gets stuck and says 13, 16, 16, 16, 16, 19, 20.  Whatevs.  She loves Mommy and Daddy and lately doesn't want me out of her sight.  She also loves Jillian, likes Kara, and tolerates Hayden.  Poor brother!

Here are some snaps from her very low-key birthday lunch.  We served "macanoni", fruit, sandwiches, and "yemonade".  Jillian helped me decorate the polka dot cake.  This party had no theme, until I decided it was orange and pink when I bought the plates.  Themes are overrated for two year-olds.

 Kate on the bounce house.  She is really using her body well now.  I like to watch gross motor skills develop.  So fascinating.

 Kate with Aunt Shauna.  She is such a good aunt.  Kate loves her.

 Thinking about the cake.


 So excited to get dress ups.  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa D for this one!

 Getting mad about her birthday.  She didn't want anyone to talk about it.  See video below for more evidence.  She got a new Bitty Twin so she would stop stealing Kara's Bitty Baby. So far she is named Baby Sister. 
 Looking back on the day Kate was born.  Such a happy memory!


Hey, if you are reading my blog and you have a blog I'm not reading, leave a link in the comments.  I really like keeping up on what my friends are doing.  I still like blogging!



post signature

7 comments:

Michael Family said...

Someday she'll look back on that video and laugh. I love the cake and I love Kate!

Sweeney Household said...

Your post is "two cute" too! Tell Jillian that she did a fantastic job helping with Kate's cake. It's adorable. Closing the chapter on babies is a strange event/process with lots of mixed emotions. You've done well with your four --- they are lucky!

Mandy said...

She's so big! What a sweetie.

SusieQ said...

Happy Birthday, Baby Kate. She'll always be Baby Kate to me! XOXO

Steph said...

Your baby will always be your baby. Mine just turned 7--I still carry him sometimes.

Britney said...

I love the video... you are such a good mama. What lucky kids to have you! And such a fun party! My kids like your bounce house too... I like you real house :)

Polliwog said...

I love blogs too! Especially yours. I can't believe you have a 2 year old who I've never met. Actually, I've never met Kara either, so there you go! Time is flying too fast. It looks like you are happy and that your family is doing well. Love you!