Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Kickin' It


Three weeks until school starts.  I've got a lot more summer left in me.  I'm thrilled the temps have climbed into the 90's.  Oh how I love a summer heat wave.  I'm headed on the ultimate summer roadtrip with Jillian and Hayden tomorrow.  My tomatoes are finally ripening and the zinnias are in full bloom.  The bounce house is a huge hit every day.  Some of you are already back to school, but I'm glad we're not.  I'm still in summer lovin' mode.  Here are some snaps from our summer adventures.

Jillian loves to put on activities for Kara and her cousins.  Here she set up a whole tea party. 



Beautiful Kara Jane in the "pioneer" dress (from her cousin Rachel) at the tea party.


The lavender farm I visited with my Mom in June.

Most of the cousins on my side.  Marisa's kids are missing. It's not the same without them!


 Jilly and Hayden have been working on a play since March.  They performed it the first week of August and did a great job!  How cute are they?

I don't have photos, because they are all on my phone, but one of the most fun things we did this summer was go to track meets at Hayward Field.  If you watched the Olympics, all the flashbacks to the trials were from Eugene at that field. The kids ran right where all of those great athletes ran.  It was so fun to see the kids learn a new sport.  Kate likes running and asks to go all the time.  I even got her some tiny Nike running shorts.  

Hope you enjoy the last few weeks of summer, or the first few of school!

Amy


1 comment:

Steph said...

I can't believe how many kids are already in school--yuck. Three more weeks sounds great. We start the 27th. Looks like summer has been treating the Veggie Bunch well. Where are you headed on your road trip?