Sunday, May 6, 2012

Que Sera, Sera


 I've been a bit AWOL on the blog lately.  I've wanted to post, but I haven't had enough energy to take fashion Friday pics, or thing of something "serious" (Kyle's request for a post), and I'm just not feeling hilarious lately.

Turns out my little running injury from early February has morphed into a pretty annoying longer-term injury.  My SI joint is sprained (ish) and I can hardly walk sometimes. I certainly can't run (although I'm working on hopping!), and I have had to cut down my activity level a lot.  Now without my daily dose of exercise, I'm going a bit mental.  I've slipped in and out of a low-grade depression and I just feel stuck.  Some days are quite good, but on the bad days I am crawling by the end of the night because walking is too painful.  Good news is I'm in physical therapy and he's optimistic.  It will just take time to get stronger and feel better.  I also gave up Diet Coke and sugar, so I was really making myself insane.  Then it wouldn't stop raining and I about lost it.  Then I gave myself back sugar and felt a lot better. 

But now I've decided to adopt the "whatever will be, will be" attitude and go all zen-like.  I take several cleansing breaths and use the force to will my back and hip to relax.  There's going to be a great life lesson learned at the end of this.  And soon it will be in the past.  And then I'll say "Remember when you had plantar fasciitis, and then you strained your neck, and then you hurt your back, and you couldn't run?  That was fun." And then I will go run 10 miles just because I can.  Because right now I can't run 10 yards, and it is hard.   

I don't know why I have these health trials.  I swear my family thinks I'm a hypochondriac, but they are wrong.  The irony of it all is that I just got approved for health insurance at the best rate ever because I am so healthy.  My labs were amazing.  It's just my limbs that don't work so well.

I promise a better post next time.

PS to my Mother:  I am aware that this post does not represent the best sentence structure, grammar usage, etc.  Thank you for teaching me how to use the word healthful.  Love you!

post signature


6 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. It's so discouraging when you can't control how you feel, even when you're doing so much to make it better. Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry you've been having a rough time of it lately. I'm glad the sugar helps and hooray for sunshine this week!

Steph said...

Stinky. I hope things get better.

Michael Family said...

Yeah, sugar is awesome. And so is sun. And at least your bedroom/bathroom is wheelchair accessible. Just kidding. I hope you feel better soon!

Polliwog said...

Oh, man. Sounds like the pits! (As a a sidenote: I actually love this post ... I think it's refreshing when blogs are real.)

Once the "perfect storm" dissipates, I'm sure things will look brighter. When I'm in the dumps, I always remind myself that it's all cyclical and I know I won't be there too long. I'm sure you won't either. I'm so sorry about your injury. That's the worst!! (And the rain was the icing on the cake). Plan a sunny vacation. That ought to cheer you up! :) Sending hugs ...

SusieQ said...

I'm sorry you are dealing with this darn injury that just doesn't seem to heal. Glad your PT is hopeful and encouraging. When you're feeling better you need to come to boot camp with me! Hang in there, friend. Love you!