Sunday, May 13, 2012

This Week In Photos

 Jillian had her last track meet.  She's new to the sport, so she didn't shatter any records or win any races, but she did get a PR in her last meet.  I'm proud of her for trying something new. I hope she continues to do track. 

I decided this dress makes me look, um, wide.  So back to Lands' End it goes.  Why do things always look better on the models than on me?  ; ) 

 Hayden had his final soccer game of the season.  He improved a lot.  He likes playing defense and goalie most. 

 Jillian found some flowers in the yard and made beautiful arrangements for dinner on Mother's Day.

 Kate made me a card in nursery.  I love getting notes from the kids!  I gave them something special on Mother's Day too. 
 First watermelon of the season!  Kate's a fan.
 Kara played puppy a lot this week.  We also got a new picnic blanket that's getting a lot of use, thanks to the wonderful weather. 
We tried a new recipe.  Smashed potatoes.  They were yummy!  We added thyme and rosemary from the garden and cut down the olive oil.  Delicious with halibut, asparagus, grapefruit salad, and coconut lime muffins. 


The hubs (no photo) gets major props for creativity on the kids' Mother's Day cards.  They colored pictures and then cut them into puzzles.  On the back of each piece (6 per puzzle) they wrote something they like about me (Mom).  Then they hid the puzzle pieces all over the house in clever places.  I found them throughout the day, then got to put the puzzles together and see the finished pictures.  So cute!  I told him he should start a daddy blog.

The weather report shows SUN all week.  I'm going to plant the garden, clean the deck and the deck furniture, and get ready for summer.  Yes!

post signature

4 comments:

Michael Family said...

I didn't know Jillian was doing track. That's cool! Kate is so cute!

Mandy said...

Jillian+track=awesome! Are you grooming a future marathon buddy?

Britney said...

I love homemade cards too! Isn't mother's day the best? I am jelous that you have fresh herbs from the garden!

Lindsey said...

I love the dress! I don't think it makes you look "wide." I would rethink taking it back if you haven't already.