Monday, August 15, 2011

Whirlwind Wedding Weekend

Kyle, Kate and I dashed off to St. Louis last Wednesday to spend the weekend with our niece Emma, who got married at the ripe old age of 20! Kyle came straight from a conference in Denver, so Kate and I braved 3 airplane rides to meet him at midnight in Saint Louis (said with a French accent). We had a lovely time with many of Kyle's siblings. It was grand to meet Emma's new husband Byron and some of his family as well. The weekend was festive and fun, full of activities and busyness. Here are some highlights:

- I went running on Thursday morning and about died from the humidity, which I know wasn't even that bad. I am a weather wimp after three years in mild Oregon. I don't think I stopped sweating the whole weekend.

- The ladies got manicures and pedicures Thursday afternoon. It was fun to hang out at the salon. But I missed my other sisters-in-law, especially Mandie!

- Justin (Emma's brother) and I did all of the flowers for the wedding. It was a little intimidating, but so fun. I think they turned out quite well. You can judge from these photos:



- The ceremony was at the St. Louis Temple, where Kyle and I were married 13 years ago. It was wonderful to be there again. I felt a little giddy remembering our wedding day and all the feelings of excitement and anticipation. And the sealing was beautiful. So peaceful and spiritual. I'm so glad to have Kyle as my husband. Life with him has only gotten better over the years.

- Of course we had to stop at Ted Drewe's for frozen custard. And since we were part of a wedding party, it was FREE!

- We stayed up late most nights. On the last night we stayed up until 2am and then had to wake up at 4am to make it to the airport for 6:30am flights. Let's just say I've been a little tired since I got home.

- Emma was a beautiful bride. And, lucky for us, we get to go back in December for Hannah's wedding. We bought our tickets today! It's going to be a St. Louis Christmas for us!





post signature

4 comments:

Becky said...

The flowers look amazing! I didn't know you had such a great talent.

Scott and Svetlana said...

Emma and Byron are very beautiful couple. Thanks for sharing photos.
I think you and Justin did an awesome job with flowers. I remember you helped with flowers on my wedding too - maybe it's one of your awesome talents? Just sayin' - they look very pretty.

Britney said...

THe flowers do look good! Wow, what a fun trip. I love your outfit too, the top is really cute! I am glad you had so much fun....we loved having Kara here!

Unknown said...

The flowers really did look great, especially on the cake! Glad you had a good, sweaty time.