Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Evidence of Summer

We have been doing some of the typical summer things, just not as much as I had hoped. Plenty of Popsicles have been consumed, the kids slept outside in the tent, we celebrated the 4th of July, we've been swimming, on picnics, and the kids have taken a few bike rides. Even though we're still waiting on tomatoes and cucumbers from our garden, we've been enjoying lettuce, peas, spinach, strawberries and herbs. The green beans are just coming on and I've been nibbling them raw every day when I water the plants. We still need to go to the coast, take a family hike, and eat outside a few more times. The weather has been cooling down the last couple of days. I'm not ready for summer to end! Bring on the heat, please? Here's some proof of our summertime fun:







post signature

2 comments:

Sweeney Household said...

"Oh, what do you do in the summertime?" I want to eat some of your peas from your garden! Looks like you're having fun. I love the pic of Sprout in the sand.

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

It looks like you guys are having fun. Too bad it isn't a touch warmer for you (as opposed to me, I know that you DO like the heat). And Kate! She is so big, I cannot believe that she is already 1! Hope to see you guys soon!