Jillian just took a test to see if she can skip 6th grade math and go straight into 7th grade pre-algebra next year. I can't decide if I want her to pass, because I remember liking pre-algebra, or if I want her to stay in 6th grade math to prolong the moment when I have to honestly say "I don't know how to do that." You see, Kyle is Math Man, but I haven't taken math since my junior year of high school. I barely even got to trigonometry. I never took pre-calc or calculus. I'm practically a math dropout. Although, in my defense, I haven't exactly needed math. Not once in my adult life have I had to figure out the volume of a pyramid or solve a complicated algebra problem. Not once. Give me science, social studies, history, English, current events, anything else, but I'll leave the math to Kyle. Maybe I'll take a few online courses and brush up on my weak skills. Or maybe I'll just ask for a second copy of Jillian's worksheets.
Other things "by the numbers" this week:
Number of times (per day) that Kara says "my legs don't work anymore. I can't walk.": 5
Number of naps Kate takes per day: 2
Number of hours it took me to weed my front flower bed: 3
Number of miles I ran last week: 27
Number of naps I took: 4 (It was a good week for naps!)
Number of times I almost got flashed by weirdos while running: 1
Number of days my children go to school this week: 4
Number of pounds I hope to lose by July: 5
Number of peanut M&Ms I ate in one day: 47 (approximately)
4 comments:
I liked the numbers part of this post. WATCH OUT FOR FLASHERS!!!
27 miles. Wow! You'll have to elaborate on "almost" getting flashed. Because that sounds funny/disturbing.
First of all I am horrible at math, so I am a bit scared when homework starts :) And second of all, gross about almost being flashed....AHHH! That is a lot of miles to run in a week. GO YOU!
Good luck with losing five pounds by July. You can do it! Unfortunately, I'll be the one gaining five pounds by July, but it's worth it! Way to be patient on the math homework. Clint and I have to take turns with Parker's 5th grade math because it is a total test of patience.
Post a Comment