Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Let's Play a Game

You've heard of it, I'm sure, and even played it a time or two. It's called two truths and a lie. Sometimes it's called two lies and a truth. But we're going to play the first one. Here's how it works. Read the statements below. They are in groups of three. In each group of three are two true statements and one false statement. In the comments section, guess which statement is the lie. I've numbered the statements and lettered the groups to make it easy to comment. Have fun!

A.
1. It's been so rainy here that Kara's gone dark blond. I'm compensating by spraying Sun-In on her hair on the few sunny days we're having. Next step, Toddlers and Tiaras.

2. When I was little and thought my name was boring, I told people my real name was Amelia and I just went by Amy for short.

3. I'm so proud of myself! I cleaned all the windows inside and out last week. Now they sparkle with the falling rain. Hmm. Maybe I shouldn't have cleaned the windows.

B.
1. Kyle and I just celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary by staying in a treehouse suite at this resort. Only in Oregon!

2. After six pregnancies, my hair has finally settled on the totally impossible texture of fuzzy. How convenient.

3. I was going to give a pledge to my local classical music radio station until they said "this hour we are taking pledges in memory of a cat. Or from people who love cats." Too bad.

C.
1. I'm starting to side with Kyle on the whole trampoline issue, although I'm still more in favor of it than against. It's that annoying worrying mother side of me, I guess.

2. Marketing works on kids. Kara's been telling me all about some wonderful products -- Angel Soft bath tissue and Resolve floor cleaner. She dutifully informed me that "we don't just want vacuum clean, we want Resolve clean."

3. Lady Gaga is starting to grow on me.

Good luck!

post signature

9 comments:

Amy D said...

OK, here are my guesses. #1 is a lie on A, #1 is a lie on B, and #3 is a lie on C. Thank heavens you're not a cat lover! I don't think we could be friends if you were :)

Cami said...

A.2 B.1 C.3

Unknown said...

i'm not sure it's fair if I guess, since I know your life so well. I'm so glad that Lady Gaga isn't starting to grow on you though. S-C-A-R-Y.

Polliwog said...

I swear I had my answers formulated before I saw the other comments ...

A, 1
B, 1
C, 3

Melissa said...

A1
B3
C3

Funny story: When I was about 15, my family stayed in those treehouses! It was actually one of my favorite family vacations--seriously so fun! You guys should try it. The guy that owns the place is a total hippie (surprise).

Also, Hailey does the marketing thing too-- it's amazing what they absorb from t.v.... and a little scary.

Michael Family said...

Ha! This is fun! A-1. B-1. C-1. You have convinced me that a trampoline would be awesome, and now I am trying to convince Wayne.

Steph said...

I'm going with 1, 3, 3.

mama bear said...

Okay, here's my guess:
A-2
B-3
C-2

Joel Deehr said...

I knew you loved Lady gaga this whole time!