Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Jimmer Show

So we went to Las Vegas, Kate, Kyle and I. It was a great time. I was very wishy-washy up until the very end, wondering if we should really go, wondering if we'd have a good time, wondering if my sweet friend who was watching our kids would have her baby while we were gone (she didn't). I am so glad we went! Although it wasn't a super relaxing vacation, I loved, loved, loved:

a. The sunshine (80 and sunny the three days we were there).
b. Catching up with old friends (one saw us on the jumbotron then we met up after a game).
c. Watching basketball! I love college basketball almost as much as I love college football -- which is to say A LOT.

The BYU vs. New Mexico game on Friday was the single best sports watching experience I've ever had. It was amazing and so much fun. We got our tickets through the University of New Mexico, so I was a little worried about being right in the middle of their fans, but we ended up with a lot of other BYU fans and the New Mexico fans were really fun to be with.

We went to Las Vegas with some friends from here, Susan and Harold. It was so fun to hang out with them. We rented a house in Henderson and that worked out great. Between eating out, getting Kate some sleep, and going to basketball games and seeing old friends, we really didn't have time for much else (like shopping gambling, or going to any shows). It was a quick weekend, but a fun one. And -- bonus -- all the kids were really good at home. Now we're enjoying March Madness and getting ready for spring break. Some of our very best friends from Michigan are coming to visit and Hayden is getting baptized. Did I mention we're really busy lately?

Anyway, here are some photos. Go Cougars!

Outside the Thomas and Mack Center. Ready for some basketball!

We sat on the 3rd row for the first game. Here's Jimmer warming up.

The three of us -- all superfans. Kate especially.

The back of the onesie I made her. The front is the Y logo. I ordered her hairbow from a shop on Etsy. It was soooo cute! And got her on TV, which was my goal. I am a secret backstage mother. You'll see me next on Toddler and Tiaras.

Us with the Jimmer sign. We couldn't figure out how to meet him in person.

Me and Susan. She's a great friend and I love hanging out with her. We had lots of laughs. Her sister and fam came too, and it was fun to meet them as well.

Kate fell asleep during the last few minutes of the New Mexico game. Everyone was screaming like crazy and she just fell asleep. Have I mentioned what a good baby I have?

The first day we were there this guy was handing out all of these signs. We had lamest one, Logan Magnusson. But it made a good souvenir for Hayden.

We met up with my old roommate Megann for some burgers (and great sweet potato fries) at a little place called Bachi Burger. It was fun to catch up for a bit. I'm glad Megs made time in her schedule to meet us. She's an amazing world traveler and such a positive person. She was a fun roommate too.

I don't have a picture (why didn't we take one??), but we met up with Steph and Ryan too. They were our friends at BYU before we had kids. And then we both moved back East and got to see each other there too. I was with Steph on 9/11 at her house in upstate New York. Anyway, we haven't seen them in about 8 years, so it was fun to reconnect. I love having friends who stay friends no matter how much time has passed. Awesome.


post signature

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Whew! I'm tired just after reading that post. 3rd row seats?!? That's awesome! And you look so cute in all the pics, especially the last one. Glad you had a good time!

Steph said...

It was great seeing you. That Kate is adorable!

Britney said...

I am so glad that you guys went. And just so you know you have really good kids that are nice to my kids and very helpful. We like pretending that we live in a big nice hous......so thanks for sharing!!! love ya!

Amy D said...

As I watched that game (and cheered like crazy!), I was so jealous that you were actually there to see Jimmer in person. Man, we miss watching games with you guys! I'm glad you had such a fun time. Sounds like you really were there for the game of a lifetime. Go, BYU!!!

SusieQ said...

Awkward picture of me with cute you. It was a great trip. We're so glad we went. Thanks for the good times.

Sweeney Household said...

COOL! I love Kate's onesie.

Ken and Amy said...

So fun to see you guys for a brief moment after the game. Glad to hear you had a fun trip....we did too!