Saturday, March 26, 2011

Visitors

Have I ever mentioned that we love visitors? The P family recently relocated from St. Louis to Washington, so now they are in driving distance of our casa, and vice versa. We met them in Michigan, although Jan and I had a class together at Ricks College way back when (it was the '90s). Our children line up pretty well in age and gender, and we had a great time reconnecting. We've each had one more baby since the Michigan days, and all 12 of us fit just fine in our house. Here are some photos from our weekend together:

Here's the newest little member of the P family. He is such a cutie. I love his reddish hair.

Hayden and A share a birthday weekend, and a really big cake. They each got their own set of candles. They were both really good about sharing. H turned 8 and A turned 10.

H and D. Still buddies. They played really well together. D was nice not to get mad when Hayden went through some, ahem, difficult moments.

S is 4 and a half now. She was not quite 2 last time I saw her. She is VERY tall and has lots of personality. She kept wanting me to take her picture, but would only give me this face. So funny. I liked getting to know her better.

Jillian and A were up to all kinds of shenanigans all weekend. It was fun to see them back together. And oh my! A is so pretty.

S and Kara play dress up. They played dress up and Polly Pockets for hours. Happily.

We explored campus a bit on a sunny morning. The kids did not want their picture taken in the sun, but we had to get them all together. This is as successful as it got.

Dr. J. (the orthodontist) and little J at Chuck E. Cheese's. The only pic I have of Joe, so I had to post it.

Me and Jan! She's my BFF (That's a joke because Jan is so not about BFF's). Anyway, I love her to pieces. She kept cleaning things up and being so helpful it made me feel bad. And we enjoyed 2 runs together just like old times. And she totally beat me on the 50 yard dash. Twice. And she has the most beautiful hair. I'm glad we're still friends. If only there was a Potbelly Sandwich shop here. We could have gone and ordered The Wreck sandwich just like we did once a month when we lived in Ann Arbor. How I miss Potbelly's! Even though I don't really eat lunch meat anymore, I would eat The Wreck with Jan. Am I rambling? I feel like I'm rambling. I'm going for LONGEST PHOTO CAPTION EVER (on this blog).


Next time maybe we'll visit them in their new town. From what I hear, it's really hopping! We can't wait for our next set of visitors. Let me know if you want to join the list! (It's very short right now. As in no one until July.)

post signature

5 comments:

jan said...

You are so one top of it. I highly recommend visiting it was so fun. Thanks so much for letting us stay, we had a great time.

Amy D said...

How fun that your families match up so well. Looks like a great time! I miss Potbelly's too, and I've only been there twice. Mmmm...

Polliwog said...

SO FUN!! I loved seeing these pics. What gorgeous people you all are. (That photo of you and Jan is what I'm talking about.) I miss Potbellies too. We had some in D.C. last spring and it was a highlight!

Britney said...

You are such a good hostess! If we lived farther away we would come visit you guys:) thankfully we live close so we bug you all the time :) glad you had fun with friends!

Cheri said...

What a great post. I can just feel how much fun you had with them and what good friends you and Jan are. "I would eat The Wreck with Jan." How sweet is that!