Our little Pea, H-Dawg Hayden, turned 8 last week. He had a pretty good birthday (Chuck E. Cheese's, out to dinner at Dickie Jo's, and then to the movies to see Tron:Legacy in 3D). Then he was baptized last weekend. I'm glad he made the decision to be baptized. I hope his church membership is a blessing to him throughout his life. He is perhaps the most spirited of our children, but he may also be the most spiritual. Some other things about Hayden:
Hayden is great at Legos and K'nex, loves to play soccer and basketball, still takes hip hop lessons, is learning to beat box (much to Jillian's dismay), is super skinny like his Dad, gobbles up books -- especially fantasy, won't go to bed at night without giving his Mom a hug, loves to eat spicy and interesting foods, burns more calories playing Wii that anyone I know because he constantly bounces, just started piano lessons, and is an all-around great kid. We love him!
I am excited that he is 8, but I am not excited about starting cub scouts. Can I admit that? The whole scouting thing kind of seems like a lot of work for parents (meaning Mom). I didn't grow up with brothers in scouting (my only brother did most of his scouting when I was already out of the house), so I don't really have anything to base my opinion on. I'm kind of glad we only have one son because that means only one scout! (Feel free to correct me if I'm way off base about scouting. I'd be happy to hear anyone's opinion.)
Photos of Hayden's fun are below. Enjoy! Comment! Follow! Or not.

So excited to open presents. I think he got everything he wanted.

Thinking he's a little too old to be getting his picture with Chuck E. He may be right.

Hayden Kyle and Kyle. Will he be as tall as his Dad? We'll see!

So handsome in his new blazer. He said he was going to wear it to church every week.

The whole family. Jillian gave a great talk at the baptism. I'm thankful for her for doing it!

My Dad came over for the baptism. My Mom was sick, so she couldn't make it. I always love to have my Dad visit. He's a lot of fun. He made some special time for Hayden.

Me and my son. I'm so happy to have him in our family and in my life. He actually looks the most like me, although his coloring throws everyone off. He is a good example to me, and I hope I am to him too. Happy Birthday, Hayden!
4 comments:
He does look a lot like you! You've been busy!
Hayden is such a good kid and I am so happy that we were able to be at his baptism! You have such a great family, all wonderful, just like you!
Happy b-day Hayden!
We sure love having him as a nephew/cousin. Thanks for including us in the festivities!
Post a Comment