We have to leave right after dinner, and I know things will be rushed, so we're having an easy meal -- grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. I'm going to spice up the tomato soup, though, with an easy add-in that Kyle discovered. I don't think I'll ever do just plain tomato soup again. Here's how you do it:
Souped Up Tomato Soup
Take one 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes (no spices) and drain off a bit of the water. Pour the rest into an 8x8 baking dish.
Drizzle 1 T olive oil over the tomatoes in the dish. Then sprinkle the tomatoes with 2 t Italian seasoning.
Now roast the tomatoes for about 30 minutes in a 375 - 400 degree oven.
When you make your canned tomato soup, use milk. Then add in your roasted tomato mixture and heat the soup as you would normally. Then you can choose to blend or puree the soup for a smoother texture, or leave it chunky for a more rustic version. Depending on your preferences, you can also add 2 T cream for a richer version.
So delicious! The tomatoes add a lot of depth and flavor. I hope you try it and enjoy!
Off to Vegas, where I will attempt to stay on my healthy eating diet and exercise. Or eat myself into a stupor at a buffet.
4 comments:
Have such a great time! I really can't believe we missed you by just one weekend. Oh so sad!!! It would have been a ton of fun to play with you guys down there. We could have dodged porno pamphlets on the strip together. :)
I'm sorry, but what is the point of a weekend vacation if you can't indulge a bit? You'd better NOT stick to your diet ... BORING!
Thanks for sharing the tomato soup addition. That sounds yummy!
Oh I am so jealous!! We love Jimmer!!! Have a blast!
We are so envious that you saw Jimmer live!! You guys rock! And tomato soup...? ONLY my favorite easy dinner ever. Now I will roast the tomatos with Italian seas. Genius. Thanks. I'll let you how it goes. Love you!
Post a Comment