Friday, November 5, 2010

My New Favorite Artist

I love portraits. When I go to art museums, I spend the most time looking at the portraits, reading about the people, and imagining their lives. I recently had my portrait done. In crayon. Here is the result.




I liked it so much that I asked the artist to do one of Kate and Hayden. Here's what she came up with. Notice Hayden's ears. So lifelike.




I've heard she works on commission at a reasonable price. Let me know if you're interested. The artist's name is Kara.


post signature

5 comments:

Cheri said...

(: Love it.

Michael Family said...

That's super cute!

Sweeney Household said...

I love watching how kids draw people, and how more detail comes along as they get more "professional." Hayden's ears are quite detailed. Does she do family portraits? We could use one for our Christmas card!

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

OMG (as in Oh My Gosh). I love little kid drawings. Especially of people. Ryan's usually don't include bodies, only heads with arms and legs, so Kara has definitely got her beat. Love the one of Hayden.
p.s. love your blog. And the dry sense of humor. Great job!

mama bear said...

Ooh, I love her work! You are so lucky to have so many Kara originals in your home!