Our children have unfortunate heads in babyhood. I'm sure it's not from my side of the family, though. (wink). Jillian flattened the right side of her head before I even knew it was possible for babies to flatten their heads. I was super careful with Hayden, seeing as he most likely (fingers crossed!) won't have long hair to hide any unevenness. But you could describe his head as "an orange on a toothpick" when you take into consideration his skinny neck, and the fact that I haven't cut his hair in three months. Kara's head was hairless and bulbous for the first two years of her life. It's still not on the small side. And then we come to Kate. She was born with a cute little head, and it doesn't seem too big yet, but she has managed to wear off a lovely stripe in the back. My friend called this a "skullet." So Kyle and I attempted to tame the skullet last weekend. Imagine baby Kate face down on the granite counter while I try to thin out her thick hair and trim it shorter. Kyle had to hold her head still. Needless to say, it was a short haircut. I'm not sure it looks any better, but I like to think it does. You be the judge. She's still a cutie, and I'm sure she'll have lovely baby locks before long.
PS to my family: Can you see a bit of Marisa in Kate? I can!
4 comments:
That last picture actually has some James in her face. So if James has me in him, then Kate has some Marisa. Boy that is a round-about way to look like someone.
I can definitely see an improvement in the skullet situation. Although, to be fair her little head was soo cute before anyway! So is getting so big!
She's darling with or without the "skullet".
She's just so darn cute it doesn't even matter!!
Post a Comment