But, back to the title of this post. Two weeks ago Kyle got the smashingly fabulous news that his dissertation is going to be published in everyone's favorite accounting journal, the name of which escapes me. But I'm sure you subscribe to it. Anyhow, since publishing is the key to Kyle keeping his job and getting tenure, we are very happy about this news. We decided to celebrate by going bowling and out to dinner. I haven't been bowling in years. And let me tell you, real bowling is not quite like the Wii. We had a great time, despite my doing poorly and Hayden crying. A lot. Kara enjoyed it and wanted to throw the ball all by herself. But when she did, it didn't really make it to the end of the lane. Luckily she was also willing to have help. Here are a few snaps from our outing. I think we'll go bowling again soon. It was great!
5 comments:
Congrats to Kyle and your family!
Hayden crying sounds a lot like Joel's childhood spent crying. Hope he gets over it more quickly than our little bro did.
So it looks like Kyle didn't get bowling shoes, but just used his Skechers? ha ha.
Fun!! What a great night! I haven't bowled in forever, but it is really fun even if it looks and feels goofy throwing a heavy ball at a target really far away! What a great family activity!
Ah, bowling. We always have major drama at our house because, lo and behold, not everybody wins all the time (despite many reminders that 'we're only competing against ourselves'). Imagine that! Who am I to think we can go out as a family and have a fun time? Silly me. Congrats to Kyle on getting published. That's great news!
Post a Comment