1. About three weeks ago, right when I was trying to up my exercising from 3 times a week to 4 or 5, I got sick with a cold. I kept working out. Then the cold turned into a sinus infection. I kept working out.
2. Right about the time the sinus infection was going away, I kind of tweaked a muscle. I kept working out. Then it hurt quite a bit. I kept working out.
3. Today I was running after/during a rain shower. Just as I was picking up the pace to end my run (about 3.75 miles in), I slipped on some wet pine needles or some other detritus and did a total slide in the muck on the side of the road. My left knee took the brunt of the fall, but my ego was bruised most. I got right back up and stumbled home.
So, are these events just random happenings, or am I not getting the message? What do you think?
6 comments:
Random happenings. But don't exercise if you are sick or injured, silly! Do something like pilates instead.
I dont know, but if you stop now you will probably lose motivation to work out FOREVER....maybe.
Ignore Joel, listen to Moose. Maybe walk for a bit, or anything that doesn't hurt your body. It'll be slower losing weight and getting in shape if you're injured and can't get back down to your seven-minute miles. Ha!
Just don't run in the rain and you'll be fine! Oh wait, that would mean no more running until next summer. Great for me, not so good for you!
aren't you supposed to take it easy after having a BABY?!?
dang go amy I would have quit at the cold. good for you!
Post a Comment