Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkins, Apples, and Fashion

Here are some snaps from recent outings with friends to pumpkin patch/apple orchard. I am thankful for good friends to spend time with. Such fun! I just spent 4 hours making applesauce, and my brain is feeling a bit mushy. I thought I was going to have a mellow Saturday, but I ended up doing a lot. Except my hair and makeup. Didn't really get to that. Good thing I didn't go anywhere and no one came over. Is it bedtime yet? I guess it can't be, since all 4 children are still awake. Go to sleep, little veggies!

Thanks for your trick or treating comments. I think we'll just stay home and have a family game night, or watch a movie. I'm sure they'll get enough candy at our two parties, and I'm proud of them for making a good decision.

About the fashion -- these aren't very good photos, but I thought I should show a few outfits I'm trying to put together despite my clothes not fitting well. I've actually had to buy quite a few things. I'm not sure how long I'll be at this weight (despite exercising 5 days a week for three weeks, and 3-4 days a week the three before that I haven't lost a pound) so I'm just resigned to making it work. I'll lose it eventually, but it won't be in 2010. C'est la vie!

It's always HOT when we we go to this patch, even in October. It was fun to have the B family come hang out one afternoon. They are just up the freeway from us and we know them from Michigan.

I thought this photo of Jillian and Miss Mollie was just too cute to pass up.

This photo has no basis in reality. Not sure why these two worst enemies decided to cuddle up.
Now we have six people in our family! Look how happy Kate is about that.


Dressing for church makes me grumpy. So I'm boring in gray and black.

Purple and red is a new combination for me. Trying to figure out how to minimize the bust. Not working so well.

Just look at Kara and not my thick midsection, okay? This pic is blurry and bad. But I do like this tank top-type shirt. It has some really cool beading on the front. I'm finding it hard to accessorize though, because babies spit up on things and pull and just make it hard to be cute. Sigh.

I guess that's it for now! I hope Sunday is a day of rest.

post signature

6 comments:

mama bear said...

I love the picture of Jillian and Mollie too, that was such a fun visit!! Now I need to download my pictures off my camera and get them posted.

Michael Family said...

Kyle sporting some facial hair. Nice. Kate is cute, even when she's crying.

Emily said...

You are way too hard on yourself Amy! You look great! Of course you are beautiful....God made you!

ellen said...

Is that a beard on Dr. P?!?

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

Well I don't know what you are saying about a "thick" midsection. You look great to me, and your arms in particular are very toned.

Megan said...

I feel the same way about my midsection. I have been trying to blame it on nursing, but I am not so sure that is the culprit. You look great!