Monday, October 4, 2010

A Little Late -- Back to School

Yeah, so the kids went back to school on September 9th. Late, I know. And now they already have a 4-day weekend. Oregon schools are so awesome! : ) Bean and Pea have great teachers and are really enjoying things. Pea wants more homework. I'm trying to get Bean to be more responsible about her papers and things. I can see that this will be a challenge as long as the kids are in school. Asparagus started preschool and loves it. She wishes she could go every day. While she's in school (two mornings a week), Sprout and I run errands. Sprout mostly sleeps or stares at things. She's pretty easy to have around. I love the "alone" time. I'm secretly (not so secret any more) counting down until the day that Sprout is in first grade. Only 6 more years. Then I can go back to school too! I've already picked out my Master's program.

Here's the centerpiece from our back to school dinner. Apples and school supplies!


We made custom placemats for every member of the family. Do you like my awesome D'Nealian handwriting?

The Bean started 5th grade this year. Next year she'll be off to middle school. Augh!

The Pea is a handsome 2nd grader. He's had wonderful behavior at school so far.
Thank goodness!

Asparagus got the outside shot because the rain stopped. What a cutie.

We blessed Sprout (Kate Michelle) a week ago. Here she is with her Dad. He gave her a wonderful blessing. My Dad came to help too. It was a great weekend.

Oh yes, I'm alive too. And looking a bit haggard. Kate is 8 weeks old now and shows signs of sleeping longer at night. I can't wait. I'm exercising more and trying to be patient about my weight. I am definitely getting some muscle back. That's good.


post signature

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are great back-to-school pictures! Bean is too pretty. What are you going to do about that?

Emily said...

Cute pictures! What do you want to do for your masters?

Becky said...

Wow, your kids are so cute and growing up quickly! Fun pictures.

Michael Family said...

Why would anyone want more homework? What a crazy kid! And what's your masters degree going to be in? My vote is exercise physiology. Oh wait, that is what I would want to do.

A, M and S said...

Kate's blessing was really special. I was impressed. I hope she was too. -R