Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Countdown Begins

Here's what's up in baby world, in case you were wondering. If everything stays relatively stable with bp and such, Dr. Kyle (not my husband, but my OB) says she'll induce at 39 weeks. That is August 17th, which is too close to Kara's birthday, so not my first choice. But if I'm sick of being pregnant (and who isn't by 39 weeks??) we may just go for it.

Second scenario: I continue having up and down blood pressures, spilling protein, etc., enough to get an official pre-eclampsia diagnosis, but not be gravely ill. Then the powers that be would induce at 37 weeks, which is August 3rd.

Third scenario: Something goes majorly wrong in the next 5 weeks, causing baby and/or me undue stress. Doctors would choose to induce immediately. Chance of this happening is very slim, I think.

Fourth scenario: All of this hullabaloo goes away and I go into labor on my own (hasn't happened yet) sometime in August, decide to be a champ and go natural, and deliver a beautiful baby girl.

Names we like this week: Um, none. I feel like we're making no progress in the baby name department. Sigh. But we haven't totally rejected Alison, Hallie, or Kate, and I'm kind of liking Genevieve. Weird, I know. Still taking suggestions. We like the letters A, H, J, K, L, M, N in case you were wondering. Weird, I know.

Good news: I seem to have slowed down on the gain-weight-like-crazy train I was on. I may get by with only 30 pounds of weight gained, which will be a record high for me, but still not too bad.

Bad news: It's getting harder to keep my pants up. I miss my waist.

Good news: Saw that baby has hair on the ultrasound today. Of course, they said that about Kara and she just had fuzz.

Bad news: It costs a lot of money every time I have to have an ultrasound. Which is about every 2 weeks right now.

Good news: I've started organizing the baby things.

Bad news: I realize I need to buy a lot of stuff. Soon.

Good news: I'm getting a nanny! Well, not exactly, just a babysitter to come in a few hours a week to play with the kids. But having her around will relieve some of my guilt and let my kids have a little bit more fun outside this summer. And I won't have to find babysitters twice a week for my appointments.

Bad news: I don't have enough interesting stuff to watch on my DVR. I think it's time for Netflix.

Good news: (Let's end on a good note, shall we?) The kids love the new sprinkler we bought, someone dropped off pints of gelato at my house yesterday (the chocolate is to die for), my cervix is starting to thin (is that TMI??), I don't have chronic back pain like I did with Kara, the garden is finally starting to grow now that the sun is shining, I felt really good today, I ONLY HAVE SEVEN WEEKS LEFT!!!

Here's a shout out to my sis-in-law Mandie who's due in the next two weeks. Hope everything goes well for you! I'm excited for our baby girls to be good friends and cousins.


post signature

9 comments:

Megann said...

Here are some of my favorites:

Alyssa (I know it's common and everyone has it, but I just like the thought of that name and then 'Aly' for a nickname

Hailee (I love this name! Some of my favorite girls I know are named Hailee. It does, however, remind me of Charla's dog)

Jaylyn (I have a friend named Jaylyn and she's darling. The name fits her perfectly)

Katelyn (Again...so common, but I love the nickname 'Kates')

Leyla (This one is hard. The only L name I really like is Leyla, but the Leyla I know is hawaiian, so I don't know how that would work)

Megann (duh...it's possibly the best name in the world!)

Naomi (I know it's sort of an old name, but I LOVE it)

So there you have it...a few more suggestions. Good luck with these last weeks and all the new adventures that come shortly thereafter! Love you - Megann

Michael Family said...

If you go with Alison you have to spell it with 2 Ls, otherwise it will be misspelled her entire life.

Here's to hoping that you get induced at 37 weeks. Yay!

Mandy said...

Love Kate. We need to get together SOON! Let's e-mail and see what days we can get together . . . I'll drive down so you don't have to haul your pregnant self up here.

Britney said...

I can't believe that you are only 7 weeks away, that went by so fast....for me:) I hope that everything goes just how it should and I can't wait to see you baby and watch her so you can sleep. You are such a great friend and I had fun last night!

Joel Deehr said...

Why dont you just adopt some kids? Good luck.

Amy D said...

I love your pregnancy updates. You're getting mighty close! I'm very excited for you.

mama bear said...

I'm getting so excited for this new little veggie baby, but for your sake I hope your health holds out and you go into labor all on your own at 38 weeks. Have you ever considered the name Meredith? Or I've always wanted to name someone Amelia. Those are my choices for today!

Barb: said...

Wow, you're nearing the end of pregnancy and the beginning of being a mother of four! It is so exciting to see your new baby the first time. I hope your health stays good until then.

Melissa said...

Well, I am partial to Hallie or Kate (we have a Hailey Kate, you know!) :)

Good luck with everything in the next few weeks. Those last few weeks of pregnancy can be very nerve-wracking! Hang in there...er, something like that! ;)