Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Real Vacation

Kyle and I went to Arizona last week for four days of relaxation and sun. It was the most real vacation I've had in years. By "real" I mean no schedule, no expectations, no one to take care of, and no work. Ahh. It was darn near perfect. If I wasn't pregnant it would have been perfect.

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Resort at Gainey Creek in Scottsdale. It was so nice. I loved the pool areas. They were awesome. We met Kyle's sister Jill and her husband Scott there. I'm so glad they could join us. The days went something like this:

9:00am Wake up and eat some breakfast in the hotel room
9:30am Go down to the pool to sun, read, relax, "swim"
12:30pm Come back to room, shower, nap, snack
2:00pm Head out for good food, a movie, shopping, whatever
9:00pm Eat again, back to hotel, games, talking, relaxing
11:30pm Read and go to sleep

At the pool Kyle and Scott played volleyball, basketball, and a bean bag game. Jill and I watched, played a little, and just enjoyed the sun. It was over 100 degrees, but I just soaked it up. It has been so rainy and gray here that sun is just what I needed. On Sunday morning before flying home we had the brunch. It was delicious. The only problem was that my 3rd trimester belly couldn't quite take it all in. I needed all day to space out the eating!

It was a little hard to come back home on Sunday. We went from sun and 104 degrees to rain and 64 degrees. Ugh. The kids barely missed us they were having so much fun with Rex and Britney. Hayden didn't even talk to us on the phone the entire time we were gone. But I did miss my kids, and maybe now I'm ready for school to get out. Only 6 more school days left! Here are some pics from our trip. No laughing at the pregnant woman. Snickering is just fine.

Kyle met Willie Nelson in downtown Scottsdale. Look at that sweet braid!

Scott was very serious about his cards. He was trying to sabotoge me!

Here's one view of the adults only pool. The chairs were much cushier here. And everyone kept their clothes on.

I don't look slim here, but I think just about anyone would look fat next to Kyle!

A little volleyball action kept the guys cool.

All four of us by the fountain at the front of the hotel. We really love spending time with Scott and Jill.

Hey, what's this?? A nice photo of us, where Kyle looks like he actually likes me. Wow. This is amazing. This one's a keeper.

Scott and Jill by another set of pools. So pretty at night.

One more view. We were all so sad to go.

Now it's time to get ready for summer and a baby! Last night I had this total panic moment as I was trying to go to sleep. I was feeling entirely unprepared for having a 4th child. But I can do it, right?? Right??

post signature

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

You look GREAT, Amy! Our sunshine has been spotty here as well, so your report had me longing for a vacation too:) Looks like a blast.

mama bear said...

What a fun vacation! Wow, how nice to get out of the rain for a few days. You really do look great, and I think you'll do just fine whith 4 kiddos. You've got some great helpers too, so that will be a big help.

Mandy said...

Hey, you got to see sun? No fair! You look adorable.

Sweeney Household said...

That sounds like a dreamy vacation!

Yes, you can be a mommy of 4. You GO GIRL!!!!

ps. just today I got a few more compliments while wearing the necklace you gave me! I'm telling you that you have changed me into a "fashionista." he he he he.

Leslie said...

so fun glad you guys got a nice break before baby comes!!

The Dawg Pound said...

What, your prego. I didn't even know. Congrats! And it sounds like a girl? How could you be so lucky? The whole boy thing is way beyond my capabilities I'm finding out. I love your blog, I just found it. Hope your doing well. Teresa