Eating Thai food at 9:30 with my best friend Kyle is quite delightful. He had to give an exam tonight and we both kind of skipped dinner, so sitting down to one of our favorite meals was a real treat. He's teaching three classes this term and has been busy, but it makes me love him even more when I see how much he still contributes to our household.
I took my sewing machine in to be serviced. It is a beginner machine and didn't cost much, but has served me well for 8 years. I'm starting to save up for a new one (if I can actually save my mad money and not spend it on cute things) and am thinking of a Janome or a Pfaff. Any recommendations? I am so excited to get my machine back and get working on a quilt. My friend EP sent me a pattern for one I want to try. It is called "Triple Threat." Sounds ominous.
I had a great post started in my head about how I was a mutant. But I can't write it now, because the test came back normal. Which is good, except now I can't explain why I have blood pressure problems when I'm pregnant and why we had that late pregnancy loss. Which is what the doctor is trying to figure out. In some ways it would have been easier if I did have that genetic mutation. And funnier.
I am itching to get outside and work in the yard. I hope the squirrels left a few bulbs for me to enjoy this spring. January has been unusually warm here (low 50's most days), but it is still very damp. I'm thinking I could probably plant some lettuce and spinach, and I most certainly need to pull up the dead annuals that are withered all over the beds. I think I'll just wait for a party cloudy, but not rainy, day and wear my boots. I may be a little too excited for spring to come, considering there are two more months of winter left.
And, finally, I made an appointment with the dentist. It's set. Then I can move on with my life and my goals. And from the looks of things, some goals are needed.
I hope you are having a lovely week. Thanks for reading and commenting. It really makes my day.
11 comments:
I just made your day.
I am so excited about your furniture! How fun! And to comment on your previous post, Rex and I used to do the dumbest (but fun) stuff in high school and we have it all on tape. Yeah. It is pretty funny to watch :)
I am so jealous of your bedroom furniture. That is something I am really looking forward to in a few years! I'm soooo over the mismatched nightstands and the dresser with a broken mirror, and the lamps I stole from my parents!!!
I am going to re-route your furniture to my address. Except I need a king, not cal-king. Glad you aren't a mutant.
Wow, I'm so excited for you to get new furniture! I think it will still be a few years for us, but the day will come. Can't wait to see how it all looks when you're done!
Hey the link didn't work for me! Maybe I'm a mutant too . . .
link is not working for me either. We are in the market for a bedroom set as well. But I'm trying to decide between that or a backyard play structure for my kids. We are definitely getting our king bed in the next week or so, though. (Parents are coming for a visit and it's high time they had a place to sleep that is not inflatable.)
I fixed the link. But if not, it is the Melbourne set at costco.com. I hope it's as nice as it looks!
So fun, I wish I was getting bedroom furniture. Interesting about the mutant thing, maybe you can post for me because I am a mutant. I will try to call you soon. Crazy month.
Your furniture looks nice. I made a big quilt for my big wall. Just a suggestion. And, re: sewing machines. Spend a few hundred bucks; you'll be so glad. Let's chat when you're ready to buy!
I love my Bernina sewing machine. I got it for my graduation from high school, so I'm sure it's way outdated, but it does the trick. I have blood pressure problems when I'm pregnant too, so I'm glad we're both not mutants :)
Post a Comment