In about 30 hours, I embark on a mission. One of the worst missions of parenthood, in my opinion. I've been out of the field for about 4 years, but I've got my supplies. They include:
- copious amounts of apple juice, Crystal Light, and milk
- 9 pairs of training pants (Is that enough?)
- Dora stickers
- prizes - Cinderella wand and Strawberry Shortcake movie
- 3 pairs of special Minnie Mouse big girl underwear
- Disney Princess Pull-Ups for the first few days if we have to go on outings
- a special sticker chart
- a little potty and a potty seat
I'm not sure I have quite enough patience. We'll have to see. I'm sure you guessed that Monday morning begins potty training for Kara Jane. My littlest veggie is about 2 1/2, but I think she's ready. She's been going, ahem, poop on the potty most days for the last four months. (TMI??) and now we're ready to go full time. I'm tired of buying diapers, although I love the freedom they give me. Wish me luck, because I'll be home most of Monday - Wednesday having a potty party. I think Kara's got the idea already, though, because if she goes she often says "ta da da daaaaaa! Maybe this will be painless.
7 comments:
Ohhhh.... Good luck. I think she and Amelia are almost the exact same age, and i have been having these intentions for the last three weeks. Can't force myself to do it though. Post if you have success and maybe it will push me over the edge into doing it. I DREAD this part of raising children.
Good luck! If she's seems ready it probably won't be too bad. I don't have much experience, but my boys potty-trained at that age (and had been going on the potty like Kara before that) and it was a breeze because they wanted to be trained so badly.
I feel you sista. It's my very least favorite thing about raising kids. I'd rather do almost anything, include changing diapers, etc... Best of luck--we are most of the way through it w/#4, though we're still struggling w/the poo-factor... ;)
May Kara be much easier than Katie. (I don't know how any child could have been harder, so you'll probably be ok)
Good luck.....may the force be with you!
Good luck, we will come visit you so you don't get too much cabin fever!! We love you guys!
By now (I'm a little behind in my reading) you are halfway through your mission. How goes it? I do not look forward to that with Madi, she fights like crazy anytime I try to sit her on the toilet. At least the worst part, in my humble opinion, is over - she's a great pooper! Good luck, can't wait to hear how you fare.
Post a Comment