This Christmas was our first in our home without any guests, and only our second in our own home. Did you get that? Kyle and I both decided that staying home for Christmas is the way to go. Nothing beats your own bed, your own traditions, and your own schedule. So although we'll welcome guests, I think we'll be spending most of our Christmases in our own space.
We spent part of Christmas Eve with my sister's family. Since they live so close, they got to go home to their own beds too! We had an appetizer dinner by candlelight, acted out the nativity story, and went to look at Christmas lights. Then we watched a couple of Christmas movies, read
'Twas the Night Before Christmas, and put out goodies for Santa. Kyle and I got to bed right at midnight. Not too bad considering all the wrapping we had to do. It was kind of funny when we were in the same room, wrapping gifts for each other and saying "don't look!"
The next morning we opened our stockings (stockings are THE BEST) and had a yummy breakfast (abelskeivers!) before opening gifts. Then we enjoyed the day, calling family, playing with new things, napping, watching more Christmas movies, and having dinner with my sister at her house, with games to follow. Pretty much a perfect day. Kyle spoiled me and I have gift cards galore to go shopping with. I also got Wii Fit, which Jillian has commandeered. Everyone in the family seemed happy with their gifts (big sigh of relief!) and I think we can even downsize a bit next year. I was sad to take the tree down today. Not quite as sad as Kara though; she cried. The most wonderful time of the year may be over, but I think 2010 has lots to offer. I'm looking forward to it!

The girls in their Christmas skirts. I changed Kara's dress from last year into a skirt and made mine this year. It's the worst sewing job ever, though, because the tension on my machine is giving me fits! It throws up thread every few inches, making a real mess. But all of that is hidden. Good thing.

Do you love our manger? I think Hayden makes a very handsome Joseph, but he was not at all excited that I was Mary.

Cousin K was our angel. Kara was our princess. I know, I've never read about the princess in the nativity story. But she insisted that's who she was.

The obligatory treats. Kara was so excited that they were gone. Makes it worth it. And this cute plate from Target will be a family staple now.

My new wedding band sparkled all of Christmas! Nevermind that my fingers look like an 80 year-old's. Sigh.

Hayden had all his Legos built that day. He's too fast!

I'm excited to try this new embroidery book. It teaches you all sorts of stitches.

Jillian got an MP3 player! She loves that it's "nicer than Mom's."


The princess showed up for present unwrapping too. She practically lives in the Cinderella and Snow White dresses Jillian got when she was two.
6 comments:
Love that picture of you three girls in your skirts. Too cute! And the bling is beautiful!
I agree that nothing is better than being in your own home for Christmas! And I was just looking at my hands today, thinking that they looked really old. At least you have a nice ring to put on it!
Your ring is Beautiful!! What a fun Christmas. I can't believe how fast your kids are growing.
You are just too crafty with the skirts! I'm glad Christmas made it to your house too!
you guys are so cute!! I love the skirts, I need to sew more! You are so good. I love your ring too!! Thanks for all the Christmas fun, we just love you guys!!
Fun Christmas! How are you liking Wii Fit? I've been eyeing that for a long time now and even had it in my cart at Costco once.
Post a Comment