Thursday, April 23, 2009

Why go to Hawaii when you can . . .

put your daughter in braces. Yep, you heard right. Our daughter is so advanced in her dentition (we're so proud) that she needs braces at the ripe old age of 8. So there goes our trip. As a consolation prize, I'm going to tag along with Kyle to an accounting conference in New York City in August. And you can BET I'm going shopping while I'm there. Oh well, it will be fun. And the islands can wait until Jillian has straight teeth. Right? Right.

Amy

15 comments:

Joel Deehr said...

ah dang! Sorry about the vacation. thats crazy she already needs braces. Maybe she swallows incorrectly like i did. You know whats funny though? I distinctly remember riding in the car, and you taught me how to swallow, and told me it takes 29 days to make a habit, and from that point I worked on it and learned how to swallow. Ok, maybe it wasnt you, but it was someone in our fam.

ellen said...

Put PurlSoHo on your list of places to shop (it's a very cool, very New York fabric store)!

Polliwog said...

NYC will be just as fun! I guess you didn't need a phone consult, huh? I'm sure D would still be interested in hearing the details. Call us, if you like.

Mandy said...

NYC sounds cool too!

Scott and Svetlana said...

Braces for Jillian??? that's awesome. I wish I had those too.. LOL But anyway of course New York shopping is sounds a lot better than nothing. Have a good one!

Michael Family said...

That is crazy. Don't you need adult teeth to have braces? What's the point with baby teeth?

You could just not do braces, then make her pay for them by herself when she is 28. Like my parents did. I am a little bitter.

Ronna said...

Oh man!!!! Teeth are expensive aren't they. Guess who wants to get braces now??? JR. I am not so sure about kissing a metal mouth but hey, if it makes him feel any more confident then I guess I am on board. What good parents you are. NY will be fun.

Angie said...

I have always wanted to go to NY. That's awesome that you will be able to go and visit. Jillian will definitely be very greatful in the end for getting those braces (especially getting them early and having them off before high school! Woohoo!

Britney said...

I totally had braces when I was 9 and had them on for 5 years, yep 5 years. I bet you can imagin all those pictures durring those years were awesome! NYC sounds really great, I have never been to the east coast! I am thinking mybe walking to the park tomorrow..... we might just stop on by!

Stapletons said...

My favorite place to shop in NYC is H&M! They have such great, and inexpensive stuff there!

Unknown said...

When I first read the word "dentition" I thought it said "detention" and i was momentarily confused. I still don't know how to pronounce that word. and I think I taught Joel how to swallow. :)

Amy D said...

Oh MAN! I'm so sorry! I've seen so many young kids these days wearing braces. Crazy! What a sacrifice for you guys, but Jillian will sure be grateful that she has straight teeth when she enters the wicked world of Junior High.

amy said...

You are one selfless mamma!!

rebecca said...

I {heart} NYC! It'll be blasted hot, but there's so much to do indoors in A/C that you'll have a great time anyway.

The Dean Family said...

amy..i haven't look at your blog in awhile..and it was so fun! i need to add you to my "blogging friends" ha!ha! that way i can keep up better...any-who...too bad about the hawaii trip...it's quite wonderful out here:)..but there will be another time...braces are a bit pricey and well hmmmm...what can ya do?!?!? (smile)...your girl will have beautiful teeth and will be very appreciate later in life! looks like you guys had a great easter..your kids are darling and you and your hubby look "H" to the "O" to the "T"...and i don't know why but your husband looks sooooo familiar..did he go to ricks with us? take care...aloha..danae