Kyle and I have been trying to decide where to go on a little vacation together. We are definitely NOT taking any children with us. It's been four years since our last excursion, so we're due. We also didn't get a trip last year for our 10th anniversary because we were moving. I have been suggesting locales for the last few weeks. For some reason, any place in California is off limits to Kyle. Mexico is a bit unstable right now, and we're a little too far from the Caribbean for the time we have. So I was resigned to settle on Bend or Sunriver (both in Oregon) as a last-ditch effort to at least go SOMEWHERE. Let me tell you, being married to an accountant is sometimes annoying. Then last night Kyle had the nerve, the nerve I tell ya, to suggest we go to Hawaii. He found some great airfare. I told him it might not be a good idea, too expensive, blah blah, but inside I was letting myself get a wee bit excited at the possibility, since top on my list for vacation spots was "warm and relaxing." I think Hawaii qualifies, no? Anyway, I made some calls today to family members who went to Hawaii last year, started doing research, etc. Then I talked to Kyle at work. He sounds very lukewarm about the whole idea. HIS idea. Hmm.
And that is just one way to torture your wife. Did that come out in the Bush-era memos released to the press last week?
I'll keep you updated. I did promise him I would not buy a new swimsuit if we went.
Amy
Here are a couple of pics from our last vacation to Florida and the Bahamas. We went in 2005.

7 comments:
Go to Hawaii, you deserve it after having to move on your 10th anniversary.
Hawaii would be so amazing! You should totally go there!!!!!! I hope it all works out for ya. Don't forget to post and let us know.
Tall Man has a sexy midriff. Is that how that's spelled?
I vote for Hawaii for you. I vote for Hawaii for me too.
What about Victoria B.C.? That will probably be our 10th anniversary trip because its cheap and close. I can't wait until cheap isn't such a defining factor.
Come on, Kyle! It's YOUR vacation too! Go have some fun together! You'll never regret it. (You can pay me later, Amy.)
Hawaii IS amazing! Go for it and you won't regret it (until Kyle looks at the numbers when you come home...heehee!)
go kyle! hey Amy I have this awesome secret...oh wait maybe I shouldnt tell you. Is that torture or what?
Post a Comment