Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Snippets

T minus two days until Jillian becomes a brace face. She's excited. I'm worried. Seems like older kids would do better with the discomfort. But I can see her teeth drifting because of all the extra space (due to the teeth that are stuck in her gums), so I think we're making a good decision. Dr. Dave and Dr. Joe agreed (thanks for the no-charge consults). I'll post pics if she'll let me!

Yesterday was an exhausting day. First I pretended to run 12 miles, but I really walked some. I'm kind of burnt out on marathon training (only 4 weeks until the run!) and the pollen levels were killing me. It was nice to take it easy. One 20 miler left and then the taper begins. Hallelujah! Then I did some stuff around the house, running outside to do weeding and yard work in between rain bursts. Around 1pm Kyle went to order some dirt for our new raised garden beds. It was delivered around 3pm, taking up a big chunk of our driveway. We finally finished filling the 4 beds and moving all the extra dirt around 9pm. I threw in some strawberries, transplanted chives, and transplanted some calla lilies. By then it was pretty dark. It's kind of eerie digging holes in the dark. Very Dickens-esque. After putting the two older kids to bed at 9:30, I was tired! Kyle and I watched Seven Pounds, which was odd. Bed by midnight. That was too late. Lucky for me (kind of), Kara's got a little stomach virus, so I got to lounge around with her instead of going to church.

I'm getting distracted. Kyle running his fingers through my hair and giving me a little scalp massage. Hard. to. type.

Today Kyle caught some baking bug and made coconut oatmeal muffins with a lime glaze. They were pretty yummy. And then he made a pan of brownies. Thank goodness it was Fast Sunday so I can indulge!

Coming tomorrow: I need you to help me decide if I should keep a dress I bought. It's a bold color choice, but I like the style. I'm not desperate for a new dress, though, and I want to keep it only if I will like it for a few years.

I need to jazz up my blog. I will work on that soon. Yeah, soon.

Amy

9 comments:

Becky said...

I had braces at 8 yrs. old and I really don't remember the pain. I think it's just something you deal with as a kid. Plus I got them off about the time other kids were just starting the braces phase, that was a bonus. I hope the same holds true for Jillian. Good luck!

Michael Family said...

Jillian will be brave--she can do it!

Unknown said...

Ooh, that's fun that kyle got a baking urge. Sounds exotic, the lime glaze. Hope the Boo is feeling better.

Britney said...

I was wondering where you were at church! Hope Kara feels better. Its hard when the kids are sick. Yummy treats though,I love when Rex cooks and when he rubs my head too :)

Ken and Amy said...

Thank goodness for all those dental friends you had in MI! wink-wink!

Mandie said...

I did not like Seven Pounds at all. Not what I expected, and hey, I am a fan of happy endings and that one just didn't cut it. Tell Jillian good luck on her braces, we can't wait to see them in August.

Angie said...

You have to get a good picture of Jillian and her braces! I want to see.

Leslie said...

We thought Seven pounds was weird too!!! good luck with the braces!! :)

mama bear said...

So, how's the brace face? She is going to be sooo beautiful when this is all done! I am sorry you had to give up Hawaii though, darn Orthodontists!