1. Modbe is having a huge sale. I bought my cute polka dot swimsuit from them. Check out their great prices. I am tempted to buy more! I have been happy with my swimsuit, although I do find the tie in the back a bit tricky. I may look for one with an easier back. If you missed my original swimsuit post, check it out here.
2. Asparagus is getting three teeth. I feel bad for her, because it looks painful. They are all right in the front. However, she is being quite brave. I didn't have any fancy schmancy baby teething devices, medications, or other stuff today, so I gave her half of a grape popsicle. She loved it! And her purple popsicle goatee was adorable.
3. Just went to the home show tour with my sis, Shauna. More on her later. It was lots of fun. We saw a few homes in the 2,500 sf range, a couple in the 4,000 sf range, and then one mammoth home that is 8,000 square feet! Of course, about 1,000 of that is taken up by the trampoline room. What, you say? The trampoline room? Yes. It is this room separated from the rest of the house by an enclosed walkway (that is a really cool hallway), has about 20 foot ceilings, a really long staircase, and a built in trampoline. Built right into the floor. It's kind of nuts. But fun. I came home to my comparably modest home and felt . . . satisfied. I don't think I want to live in an 8,000 square foot home. And I certainly don't want to clean it!
4. My hero for the week is my sister Shauna. I don't think I've mentioned yet how nice it is to live here and have a family member nearby. We've done a lot of things together, and I'm grateful to have someone fun and understanding just a few blocks away! I don't think I'd be doing as well with the move and lack of friends if I didn't have Shauna and her family to play with. Even though people at church think we're the same person, or practically the same person, she still introduces me to people and invites me to do things. We'll enjoy having them close for the next two years, while her husband finishes up a law degree. I'm especially excited to help her welcome her new baby next year and that maybe we'll get to run together next summer. I might be as fast as she is by then. Here's to more good times, Pooks!
Well, that about wraps it up. I'm trying a new thing. I'm trying not to let the ironing pile up so high for 4 weeks that I just never want to get to it and have to spend 4 hours catching up. I'm trying to iron the same day I do laundry, which is today. So I'm off! And we're off for the first family reunion my fam has ever attempted. We leave Friday. Look for posts from the wild reaches of Montana. Should be fun.
Amy
7 comments:
That's awesome that you are so close to your sister now! I can't wait to get back to Utah and be back by my sisters. An 8,000sf home? That's just nuts. I wonder how many people they have hired to clean it? I bet the kids have a ton of fun though playing on the trampoline. I wonder what they will do when the kids grow up. Hmmm. You're swim suit is really cute btw. I bought mine from shade clothing and I absolutely love it.
The swimsuit is the cutest . . . I'll go check out the sale immediately!
Also, I hear you on the ironing. It is my least favorite chore. In this particular avenue having a husband who almost exclusively dresses in scrubs has worked in my favor.
Very cute swim suit, it is actually similar to mine, except I have blue dots. Have fun at your reunion!
Ahhhh, thanks Am. I am honored to be your hero for the week. Ready for this drive?
You and your sister do look a lot alike. I love having my sisters close by. Are you guys in the same ward too?
By the way, thanks for being concerned for us.
Once again, thanks for the love. We're doing fine and know we'll have answers someday. Besides, I've got my UNDERWATER DIGITAL CAMERA SWIM GOGGLES - life is good!!
You look like a hot mama in your suit! I love it, though I do have to agree with the whole tie thing. I hate how long the straps are on mine. It makes me think twice about putting it on. Have fun on your reunion!
Post a Comment