Some of you may think I'm a tough-as-nails mom, but that's my sister Marisa. Kidding, Marisa! I like to run a semi-tight ship, but I still melt over all the normal mom things. Hey, I've got estrogen. : ) I was looking for Hayden last week because it was quiet upstairs, where I thought he was. Imagine my surprise when I came upon him sleeping right on the stairs. He takes naps about once a year now, so it was a rare moment. My heart got all gooey inside and I just had to snap a picture. Even though he's 5, he's still my little baby boy. So sweet, so young, and yet so big. I'm glad for these moments. They're worth treasuring. When I was younger there was an LDS singing artist named Wanda Lindstrom who came and sang at a youth conference. She had a song called "My Heart Took a Picture". This moment of Hayden sleeping, too tired to make it up or down the stairs, is a picture I'll have in my heart for a long while.
Amy
7 comments:
That is so sweet! A while ago I found Alice asleep, wearing nothing but a towel (she had just gotten out of the bath) in the vacuum closet. I have no idea why she picked that spot, but at least she left the door open so I didn't have to call the police when I couldn't find her.
That is so cute. I have a picture of James on a dining chair all curled up with corn still half chewed in his mouth from dinner. He fell asleep while eating.
We're all entitled to those moments it's one of our motherly rights!
One of my favorite songs by the way!
I love those tender moments too. They're what makes being a mom all worth it.
Have you met any new friends yet?
I think he was just really glad to finally have some nice stairs that don't squeak like mad everytime you walk on them.. don't you miss Northwood!!
That's so sweet!
There is something so tender about those moments when rough and tumble boys are still and sweet. Sometimes a rarity.
Post a Comment