Just in case you were wondering, we don't have a chair in front of our computer right now. So my options are: kneel on the carpet, sit on the stool from the kids' bathroom, or haul a chair upstairs. I'm opting for the stool, but it makes me feel like a hobbit. I think we should go get a new office chair this week!
I'm behind on posting pics, so before I get to the house stuff (which may take awhile since I don't want to hang anything on the walls and we're still waiting to afford some furniture), here are some pictures from our exodus. I'm pleased to report that we have many happy memories from our trek. On the 16th it will have been a month since we left Michigan. Weird. Our life is totally different now, but I think we're all adjusting well. I haven't cried yet, although I almost broke down at the end of Relief Society today. I missed my old ward, my friends, and my primary calling! Silly me.
Amy
PS -- Just heard a firework go off. Come on, people, it's the 12th of July. Time to be done with it already!

Kara at her first St. Louis Cardinals game. We enjoyed visiting the new Busch Stadium. And we also enjoyed no humidity and no rain! Yeah for good weather in St. Louis! Very rare in summer.

The view from the cheap seats.

Our visit to mythical "Elephant Rocks." Kyle's been talking about this childhood haunt for as long as I've known him. We finally made it there. Climbing the big rocks was fun, but hot.

Jillian, watch out! That rock might fall on you!

Old friends in new places. These two families just moved from Michigan to St. Louis. We're glad we'll get to see them every time we visit.

Enjoying Ted Drewe's frozen custard along the old Route 66. A St. Louis tradition.

The Community of Christ temple in Independence, MO. I've always wanted to see this. It's larger than I thought. Wonder what it's like inside??

J and H outside the Liberty Jail in Liberty, MO. They've recreated the jail inside, which I didn't expect at all. It was cool, though. J has taken to posing like a true little girl.

The kids chillin' in the car. I got them the neck pillows at Ikea. They wouldn't share them. Drove me nuts! I guess I should have gotten my own.

A Wyoming windmill farm. Quite lovely. Photo taken while driving at 80 mph. Kyle was driving. I was taking the picture.
ta ta for now!
11 comments:
That photo of the Michigan pals is darling!! Wow, I think the littlest ones have changed the most (okay, I forget I've never actually met K but still). And you're hair looks fabulous too. :)
So, tell me, are the neck pillows worth it, even if I have to pay more and get them at Target? I've been debating for our upcoming drive.
Yeahh you made it. I am so glad things are going well and you haven´t cried yet. I hope things continue to go good. It will be so sad to go home and not have you there. We will miss you. Glad you have a great new place with some rememberances of Northwood (spiders and ants).
I'd say the neck pillows were well worth the investment. They both used them extensively. But we were in the car for 4 days straight. Nevertheless, if you buy them, you'll always have them. We'll be taking them on all long car trips.
Glad you're getting adjusted. Also glad you had a good road trip with your cute kiddos.
Change can be hard but you are a rock star and will be the top dog in your ward in no time.
Your new friends don't know how lucky they are to have you there!
I'm glad you're adjusting well. My advice is go ahead and cry. It will come sooner or later, so you might as well get it over with. Those new folks in Oregon are so lucky to get the chance to know you and your family.
i love all your pictures! That is so fun to see them. Kara just looks so fun and happy. I can't wait to play with her (and to have Katie play with her)
Amy, look in to my eyes . . .
You are getting sleepy . . .
You are getting very sleepy . . .
Now when I snap my fingers, you will wake up, hop in the car and drive straight to my house. Then we will go shopping together at the Anniversary Sale and be very happy.
Now; a note to all you people living by my Amy. You treat her well. You don't realize it yet, but you HAVE STRUCK GOLD by having her around. And if you don't appreciate her the way I do, I will just have to take her away and go home.
Don't worry...you'll get used to RS. I remember feeling like I didn't belong in RS after being in Primary for so long. I would just sit in RS and try to pay attention to the lesson but I found myself wiggling because I wasn't used to just sitting there and I could hear the children singing from the Primary room and my heart would want to be across the hall. But that all changed and it will for you too!
Loved the pictures of your cross country trip, especially the Michigan friends one!
You`re bringing them up Cardinals fans? YOU are the Cards fan... let them be true to thier first team, the Boston Red Sox!
Fun trip. I'm anxious to see your house photos!
Post a Comment