Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tomorrow is the day . . .

We get our home phone and internet service. FINALLY! We've been enjoying DirectTV on our new 47" HDTV, but sitting on the floor is not so comfortable.

Luckily the new couches we bought, and the console to hold the TV, are arriving today.

Unluckily, we have an ant problem.

Luckily, I've gotten over my squeamishness about pesticides and we sprayed both inside and outside the house.

Unluckily, we've also noticed some spiders.

Luckily, Kyle is great at capturing spiders and releasing them into our yard.

Unluckily, the front sprinklers are still not working.

Luckily, we have a manual sprinkler.

Have you ever played this game? Jillian loves it. One more:

Luckily, I'll have DSL tomorrow so I can post some pictures and lots-o-stuff.

Unluckily or luckily, you'll get to read it!

Have a happy day!

Amy

PS -- The temps for yesterday and today are in the 90's, but somehow it doesn't feel very hot. At night the temp always goes down to the low 60's. The weather here is great! But it makes me laugh to hear people complain about how "hot" it is. I was thinking it was kind of cold for summer.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Unluckily I haven't been able to visit you yet.

Also unluckily we have an ant problem.

Luckily I have found Torro liquid and baits, and they have changed our lives by ending the lives of the little critters.

Can't wait for the pictures!

ellen said...

Patiently waiting for pictures...

Ken and Amy said...

Welcome back to the real world or TV, phone and internet service! Kyle's too nice...just swash the nasty spiders and be done with them!

Megs said...

I am patiently waiting for pictures of how your stuff looks in your new place. I am glad things are coming along despite the pest problem. I will say I don't think you are handling the spider situation correctly. If you don't kill them, they will just keep coming back :)

Unknown said...

Oh! P.S. Our pest guy says that spraying just makes ants scatter, and doesn't fix the problem. His company name is "Ask the Bug Man" and his number is 541-729-8629. He put some bait in our home that seems to have worked, if you want to give him a call. I guess when you spray, it just makes the ants spread out. Eww!

Amy D said...

Good for you, Mrs. Good Attitude. I can't wait to see pictures!

jan said...

Luckily- YOu have lots of friends to call with your new home phone.