I'm stealing some unknown person's wireless internet to type this, so I have to be not only fast, but covert. We're moved in, but without internet, phone, or cable. This means that all but a few of our boxes are unpacked and we've been to Home Depot at least 8 times. I'm looking forward to getting both the big TV and the cable tomorrow, complete with HD DVR. If only I had it tonight, so I could watch "So You Think You Can Dance." Our small TV gets CBS and ABC, but so far nothing good has been on. So I spend my time cleaning, organizing, playing Brain Age, and wishing I had more cell phone minutes so I could call more friends.
I'll bet you're wondering about the house and the neighborhood. Things are all good so far. We had some problems with ants since the house has been vacant for a few weeks, but I think we've gotten rid of most of them. I'm happy to report we have quite a bit of storage space, and many of the closets have room to spare. I will do a post with pictures soon about my favorite and least favorite things. The kids LOVE the park and the playroom, and spent a good two hours weeding the backyard. It is nice and cool here in the mornings and evenings, with no humidity. That's a change!
I miss having time and internet access to read and comment on blogs. I'm looking forward to being in touch a little more. Until then, I'll sneak on now and again. Shh, don't tell.
Amy
5 comments:
Welcome back home to the West, Amy! It's good to have you closer again. Can't wait to see pictures!
You are truly Kleone's daughter. Weed patrol!
You should ditch "Dance" and try "Psych." I love it! (or I guess you could watch both...)
Wow. "So You Think You Can Dance" AND Brain Age?! Two of my favorites. I knew we were kindred spirits :)
I'm so glad you're home now, and that things are shaping up. Can't imagine how you are surviving without phone, cable or internet - you guys are modern-day pioneers! I'm looking forward to pictures when you get a chance.
Hi Amy. Welcome to Oregon! I think I sat next to you in R.S. yesterday, and was meaning to introduce myself after the meeting, but I turned around and {poof} you were gone. Jenn and Guy sent an email this morning and gave me your blog address. I look forward to meeting you and your family.
Post a Comment