Here are a few of my favorite things about the new house, and a few of the new things we've purchased. I'm going to be working on outside flowers next week, so you'll see those soon. Everyone has beautiful flower pots on their front porches, and I don't want to be the odd one out! Enjoy!
Here's our new living room rug. It's a tonal green. I really like it. It will go great with my plans for this room. I want to add a mirror above the mantle, our new fabulous family portrait on one wall, a dark coffee table, and some green and brown pillows for the couches.
Our new 47" HDTV and console. I'm kind of weirded out to find out that our style is fairly modern. But it's fun to be different. Anything's better than hand-me-downs and garage sale mismatched furniture, right? If you are stalking my blog, don't come steal this. It doesn't work well and has a terrible picture. Just terrible. Yes, that is flattened Tom from "Tom and Jerry" on the screen? The kids love that cartoon. I think Jillian is the biggest fan of the TV so far. She's even claimed her own recliner on the couch. Of course, it's the same one Kyle and I claimed, so we'll have to wrestle for it.

Here's J chillin' on the new reclining couches upstairs in the family room. I like being able to put my feet up. This room still needs quite a bit of work, though, to look put together.

Kara's room is the "office" on the first floor, where the master bedroom is too. It has French doors that open up. We put blinds on the back of the doors so Kara could sleep better. The baby toys are in this room and the kids play in there quite often with her. I love how airy it is.

My AWESOME gas range that I love to cook on. The appliances (minus the fridge) are all wonderful.

I found this hydrangea plant around the corner of the house this week. I think I need to move it to a position of prominence since I love the blue of its flowers.
This is a very quiet dishwasher I appreciate very much. The portable one we've been using the past four years was soooo loud.
Here's J chillin' on the new reclining couches upstairs in the family room. I like being able to put my feet up. This room still needs quite a bit of work, though, to look put together.
Kara's room is the "office" on the first floor, where the master bedroom is too. It has French doors that open up. We put blinds on the back of the doors so Kara could sleep better. The baby toys are in this room and the kids play in there quite often with her. I love how airy it is.
My AWESOME gas range that I love to cook on. The appliances (minus the fridge) are all wonderful.
I found this hydrangea plant around the corner of the house this week. I think I need to move it to a position of prominence since I love the blue of its flowers.
Okay, that's enough for now, I think. More to come at a later date when we can afford to do more. : )
12 comments:
It looks like Kara is in the bookshelf. Was she? I'm excited to see your family portrait and the mirror. That will look wonderful in the living room. Thanks for letting us play so much.
I love your new home, Amy! It looks great, and I think the plans you have for it will be wonderful. It must feel very good to finally be putting down roots and having a home. I'm so proud of you! What a long way you've come from being host of "What's Hot and What's Not" back in the day. Although I do think your new living room would make an excellent setting for a "What's Hot" reunion... ;) Love you! :)
Everything is so beautiful Amy! Thanks for sharing-- I'm living vicariously through you right now. I still have three years left of loud dishwasher. sigh.
Looks like things are coming together. I wish I could come over and watch Project runway with you. Can't wait to see the flowers.
Whoa! What a beautiful home you have. You have great taste and it looks like it coming together fabulously. We miss you guys.
How fun for you guys to finally have a place that's yours. It looks beautiful. I'm definitely coming for a visit, but only if Jillian will share her spot on the couch.
Pretty, pretty. I can't wait to see.
Oh your house looks lovely. Congrats. gina weibel
Fun, fun! Everything looks so nice and new! And to have a quiet dishwasher? What more could you ask for? Have fun gardening this week!
Yay! I am so happy for you! How fun to decorate and have a place for everything and everyone. I want to come visit soon! (maybe thanksgiving?)
Looks great Amy! Enjoy the new digs.
You have been busy...organizing, shopping and putting everything together so beautifully. That is exactly what you do best! Enjoy your quiet dishwasher...I'm still waiting for mine. But I am grateful that I don't have to haul that big thing over to the sink and back.
Post a Comment