Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Asparagus Update

Argh! Kara the pirate says hello.

She put these kitty ears on all by herself one day. She loves to play in the playroom.

I love Kara's swimsuit and hat. This was taken at a wading pool last week.


I haven't gushed over my amazing baby lately, so here's an update on all the things Kara is learning to do. I can't believe she's 11 months already. I was putting bottles in the cupboard today and thinking that the formula and bottles are only going to be around for 3 more weeks. What?!? How did she get to be so big so fast? I enjoy her a lot, and she's definitely a Mama's girl, for now.

Kara loves to crawl up the stairs and yell loudly while she does it. If I come to rescue her, she squeals and tries to climb up faster. She hasn't fallen yet, but I'm sure the day will come.

She likes to be chased while crawling. If she's not quite sure you're chasing her, she'll wait until you're in sight and then squeal and scamper. It's just about the cutest thing.

She's great at signing. In fact, I need to learn more signs to teach her. She can sign more, all done, bath, hungry, thank you, and water.

Kara can also say a few words. She says Mama, Dada, duck, and occasionally doggie, no, and something that we think means Jillian.

She's cruising all around furniture, stands on her own for a second or two, and tries to take steps in between Mom and Dad, although she doesn't really have the balance for that yet. This is pretty impressive considering she weighs about 24 pounds. That's a lot of weight to move around!

She's completely done with baby food and rejects anything like it. She loves fruit, whole wheat bagels, and pasta. Actually, she eats almost anything put in front of her.

It's always fun to watch your kids grow up, but it's bittersweet. My baby is almost a toddler, and toddlers have tantrums! Hopefully sweet Kara will stay just that. She's easy to please, very cuddly, loves books and stuffed animals, and is willing to try new things and be where the action is. We are blessed to have her in our family.

Amy

7 comments:

jan said...

She is so cute. It is sad how fast they grow, but fun to watch them.

Mandy said...

What a sweetie!

Michael Family said...

I can't wait to squeeze her chub next week! I will have to compare her chub to Katie's!

Unknown said...

Hey! She's says Nana too!

Ken and Amy said...

It's a sad reality when your baby is not your baby anymore....She is a sweet and smart little girl.

caligirl said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I totally remember meeting you for the first time at the camp out and thinking that we could be fun friends:-) One of my favorite memories was basketball practice and the going back to your house to watch Alias and drinking fruit smoothies made by one of the best cooks I know:-)

Amy and Chad Larson Family said...

i miss her! what a doll. i'm sorry i'm SUCH a slacker in returning your call (we were out of town for a family reunion and now i'm back in michigan for work). can't wait to catch up.