Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hasta la pasta, baby

Tomorrow afternoon, I'm outta here. My bags ain't packed, but my mp3 player's charged, my laundry's done, and my husband's on duty. After a year and a half without a night away from the kids and Kyle, I'm headed to Columbus, OH, with some friends. I'm even starting to get excited about our purpose for going, to run a race. For 28 hours, we're kidless and lovin' it. I'm looking forward to taking care of just ME! I hope that's long enough for Kyle and the three veggies to appreciate me. Hey, I'm just heeding Elder Ballard's suggestion:

Third, give your wife a “day away” now and then. Just take over the household and give your wife a break from her daily responsibilities. Taking over for a while will greatly enhance your appreciation of what your wife does. You may do a lot of lifting, twisting, and bending!

I'll post on our groovy happenings when I get back. Until then, have a happy weekend! And Kyle, I wish you the best.

Amy

6 comments:

Angie said...

So fun! I hope you have a good time and I hope you run a good race.

Unknown said...

Your blog makes me laugh. Run like the wind between your legs!

Amy D said...

Have a great time! You'll do great on your race, but more importantly, you'll get some alone time. Enjoy it!

Megs said...

Good luck, good luck, good luck. I can't wait to hear all the crazy things you did without your kids!! Run really fast.

Michael Family said...

Good luck Amy! I hope my "day away" doesn't include torturous running for 26 miles. I am thinking more like shopping, lunch, and a massage!

Ken and Amy said...

Live it up! Enjoy YOUR time and good luck Kyle! May the force be with you!