Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Pea's 5th Birthday!

H turned 5. I cannot believe it. It seems like just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital. He weighed 6 pounds and had red hair. He also had a serious expression on his face, something he left behind long ago.


Now he's a skinny little man who doesn't even weigh 40 pounds. Here he is in his Padawan outfit from his party -- 10 little Jedis had so much fun! We made them each a tunic and a lightsaber (very successful) and had a "Junior Jedi Training Camp" party. They each fought Darth Vader at the end of their training, then celebrated with cake and ice cream. The boys were so well-behaved and no one got accidentally (or purposefully) bludgeoned with a saber. Phew!


Jr. Jedis waiting their turn to battle balloons. They learned three moves - sweep, block, and strike. They each chose what color light saber they wanted.

What kind of cake is this, you ask? No, it's not a fancy R2D2 cake like H requested. This, my friends, is a Battle of Hoth cake. I know, I know, not the prettiest, but much less time-consuming. And you can see by H's face that he approves.

After the party I took the kids out for lunch. Then we just played and had pizza for dinner. I think he had a great birthday. Yeah! No more birthdays until July! And since we decided the kids only get a party every other year, next year is the Bean's turn.

Two things: Kara has been a whiny girl lately. She whines so much that I've figured out which note she whines on. It's the A flat above middle C. So if you want to know what I listen to a lot of the day lately (when I can't hold her and she wants attention), just play that note over and over again. She also peed on my foot yesterday and pooped in the tub twice this week. But I still love her! I just forgot about the pooping in the tub thing. Hasn't happened around here for a long time.

Happy Easter!

Amy



9 comments:

East Millcreek Wilsons said...

Love the Hayden pics:). I love Kara's pitch but I'm sure it gets wearing.

Sue S said...

Will had so much fun at the party. Thank you for including him. He came home and shared his costume and light saber with Isaac and he wouldn't even take it off to go get my mom at the airport. Needless to say the party was a big hit for both my kids! Problem though, now Will wants to have a Jedi party (3rd year in a row) but I think between you and me we have covered everything Jedi! I'm going to have to dig deep to come up with something fabulous!

Liz said...

Amy, that last post was from me. I guess my mom had signed in on my computer. Thought I'd let you know just in case you were wondering!

Ken and Amy said...

Happy B-day H! Looks like the party was a success! You are a great mom for planning such a fun party.

Let me give you some hope...Tanner also found that A flat above middle C and it gave me headaches everyday. But, once he started crawling he magically forgot where that note was. Hopefully that will happen for you!

Polliwog said...

So fun to see the photos. Some observations: a) The Bean is so cute --she looks so different! b) I miss your basement! Isn't that weird? c) I didn't know who half of those boys were--looks like his circle of friends has expanded! d) you win Super Mom. I did feel a little relieved to hear about the every other year rule because you are setting quite the standard for yourself. But if anyone can live up to Ultimate Party Mama, it's you. e) I couldn't get blogger to connect for a comment on K's post the other day, but I enjoyed it. I wouldn't have gotten half the jokes if I didn't follow the links though. :)


Happy Easter!

amy said...

What a great mom!! I love when birthday parties are a success - just hope that when my kids are older and remembering all the things I did wrong that they just might remember the fun birthday parties they had.
Sorry about the pooping in the tub - it makes me dry heave just thinking about it.

mama bear said...

I've been trying to hold Kody off from becoming a Star Wars fanatic, but after looking at this post with me he is now wanting to learn the ways of the Jedi! He literally spent 15 minutes staring at the picture of your awesome cake and asking me a million questions that I had no answers for!

Michelle said...

Jacob had so much fun at the party and wears his Jedi costume all the time now even though he didn't want to at the party. He asks to watch Star Wars daily and has started wearing and old box over his head with a cape and walking around as Darth Vader. Unfortunately I don't know much about Star Wars and I am very bad at answering his questions but he is definitely a fan. Thanks for the fun party!

Amy D said...

Happy Birthday, Hayden! A flat above middle C...HA! That's really funny. At least you have a good attitude about it. Since we've been home, all I've had is whiners and super-hyper kids b/c they got a lot less sleep on our trip than they've been used to. It's fun to catch up on the blogging I've missed. I missed you!