Well, last week I went to the neurologist and he thinks I'm fine, but just in case I'm going to have an MRI tomorrow and see what's up with my brain. Needless to say, having Kyle far away while facing the thought of a chronic illness diagnosis is a hard thing. So is struggling with fatigue. I'm hoping to get the "all clear" from the neurologists and move on to an endocrinologist next. I'm going to find out why I am tired and why I've gained 10 pounds, darn it!
I've discovered that having older children is difficult for many reasons, but mostly because you have to watch them struggle and you can't always solve everything. Jillian's started high school and is starting to experience friend drama and feeling left out. She's handling it all in stride, and says she's content, but I worry. I can't set up play dates for her anymore or hand-pick her friends. She's going to have to wade through high school and figure it out for herself. But I want her to be happy, have wonderful friends, feel included and valued, and make good choices. She is a great girl, and I am so happy to be her mother.
Kate is struggling the most with Kyle being gone. She's been extremely clingy and has had trouble leaving me to go to preschool and her church classes. I thought an afternoon preschool class a few days a week was the perfect solution to my fatigue issue, but she refuses to go. I spend time every day holding her and cuddling, and she smothers me with kisses and squeezes me tightly. It's sweet, really, but I also want her to be independent. Our district is planning on full-day kindergarten next year, and I want her to be ready emotionally.
Through all of these hard things I've been relying on prayer a lot. And it's working. I am so glad to be able to talk with God about what I'm feeling and ask for help for me and my children. We pray every night with Kyle via FaceTime and I'm grateful to have that connection as a family. So there's my shout out for prayer!
I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining, because I'm not. My life is good and I am very, very blessed. I've discovered that health issues is one of my ongoing trials in life. I'm mostly healthy, but never perfectly healthy. It's interesting. Thank goodness for good health insurance.
4 comments:
Hey Amy. I am sorry for all that you are going through, and it must be tough without Kyle there. So wonderful to still make that connection with prayer and I hope it gets easier for you and you get some answers. I will be thinking of you and praying for you. I know you work hard to take care of yourself and treat your body well, in fact, I have learned a lot from you over the years. Good luck with everything. You have a wonderful family and great kids! :-)
I'll be sending good vibes your way tomorrow.
Ditto to all that Kelly said. You must be a little nervous about the MRI results. We'll be praying for you. Love you!
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I fasted for you last fast Sunday, and am still praying for you. But I can only skip so many meals, so you better get well soon, dang it!
Post a Comment