Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I Love Lincoln City

 And I love my family. Put my family in Lincoln City for 4 days and I've got a winning situation! My brother said he wanted to bring his wife to Oregon and so I decided to make it into a shindig and invite everyone. We rented 2 houses at Olivia Beach in Lincoln City (highly recommend) and let the fun begin.

Well, actually, for my family the fun began the day before, when my brother and sister and their families came to Eugene to stay the night with us before heading to the coast. My brother-in-law brought all of his fancy gear to put on an outdoor movie night for the kids. I was busy packing, but it was very cool and the kids really liked it.

The highlights of the weekend were boogie-boarding in the ocean with wetsuits, joking and laughing with my siblings, talking to each of my nieces and nephews, eating yummy food, and relaxing on the beach. I love the beach.

Photos:

 My oldest nephew, my dad, and my littlest nephew

 The original clan.

 The extended family version -- all 5 kids plus spouses and kids

 Kyle at sunset. How romantic. Except I wasn't there.

 Kate walking back from the tidepools. The bright pink suit was a great idea!

 Jillian with a crab at low tide.

 Grandpa and some cousins.

 Brave Kate touches a sea star.

 More cousins . . .

 My younger brother and his cute family.

 Boogie-boarding dudes.

 Aunt NaNa admires Kara's shrimp.

 The fog rolled in all day long. It was kind of cool and kind of eerie.


 After the weekend my parents came back home with me for a few days, so I had a whole week of family time. Since summer keeps going and going and going (still 2 weeks until school starts!) I was happy for a vacation.


post signature

3 comments:

Michael Family said...

It was FUN!

Unknown said...

And you organized it all so you are extra awesome.

Paradise said...

You are so fun Amy! Your family is darling! We need to plan a girls get together one of these years. I love your by the numbers post. Made my day.