We spent time in Colorado with Kyle's family for their bi-annual reunion. I liked the place we stayed, but could have used some air conditioning! Kate got sick with hand, foot, and mouth disease for a few days too, and it took me a while to figure out what she had. So it was kind of rough. But the scenery and company was great.
In Utah is was BLAZING hot, so we did more indoor things than we'd planned. We stayed with our friends from Eugene who moved back to Utah. They were so hospitable and fed us very well. I loved meeting my cuter-than-cute nephew Cameron for the first time. It was also great to have a BBQ with some old Michigan friends. That time in grad school was so unique and our friendships are so strong. It's fun to see people doing well. On the way home we stopped in Logan for one night to see friends from Michigan and Boston. I'd never really been to Logan before, so that was fun.
We spent our time in the car listening to a great playlist, playing games, watching movies (kids), talking, and enjoying the scenery. The last day we had to drive about 750 miles to make it home, but it wasn't too bad. Traveling with kids is easy if you have enough snacks and technology. : )
In Utah before the reunion we spent time with Kyle's brother and his family. Our kids love their kids so much, so I am always happy when we can spend time with them. I am lucky to have great in-laws on both sides of the family.
Kyle and I are in charge of the next reunion in two years. Should be fun.
Here are photos from our epic adventure. I love the USA. So much great scenery and so easy to travel between states.
2 comments:
Great pics. You have a beautiful family and it sounds like a fun trip.
You look so ready to take on that climbing wall. Glad you had a good time. I love technology (please read in Kip's voice).
Post a Comment