Last night was perfect. It was an evening I wish I could bottle up and open when things
en la famille aren't so rosy (every day).We had crepes for dinner (with Nutella and strawberries and bananas and whipped cream and peanut butter and cinnamon sugar and butter and powdered sugar and crispy hashbrowns and bacon and juice). Then we piled in the van for a Sunday evening drive. I was transported back to my childhood, taking Sunday drives out
Saltese Rd. into the country, or up towards Mica and beyond. We drove by the McKenzie River, with its oxbows by the hazelnut farms. We briefly contemplated buying a log house with 19.5 acres, stopped to "mooooo" at some new baby calves (#91 was the sweetest), and screamed when Kyle drove too, too fast.
The moment of perfect happiness came when Jillian and Hayden were rearranging the best bits of
Guy on a buffalo into a very entertaining little song. When we returned home, we made homemade popcorn with
real butter, cut up some veggies, and played
Racko. Kara and I won twice, heartily yelling "RACKO" together to celebrate. After the littles were in bed, and Hayden and I played a rousing game of balloon volleyball, Kyle and I played Yahtzee with the big kids. I, of course, got a Yahtzee, so all was right with the world, even though Kyle won.
Have I told you that I love my family? Now that we're complete, the six of us, I feel excited for many more perfect days together.
The girls
5 comments:
I love it that Guy on a Buffalo is a part of your fond family outings! :)
Living the dream...!
You just warmed my heart!
Real butter?!?! You lucky duck. I miss family drives. Sounds like a lovely time together.
Sounds like - I WANT MORE OF THOSE DAYS time :) So cool. I"m glad that those kind of days exist. Enjoy!
Post a Comment