Sunday, April 7, 2013

Last weekend

It was sunny. Gorgeous, really. It was the end of our spring break, and we went to the coast for the first time this year, then had cousins over and enjoyed a Saturday of Easter egg hunts, and then celebrated Easter. Easter is one of my favorite holidays. It is full of hope and new life and reverence. I truly love thinking about our Savior and his sacrifice, atonement, and resurrection.

This week we finally got some rain. It's been pretty dry around here all year. I'm glad for the rain, and I'm glad we had a sunny Easter weekend. Beautiful! Now I shall bombard you with photos.

 Oh! Hayden turned 10. He got a new bike that is quite nice. It will reduce whining on family bike rides this summer, I am sure.
 Whale watching near the sea lion caves on highway 101.
 This is a whale. Can you see it? I saw my first fluke! We saw several gray whales in 45 minutes.


 Hayden flew the kite for a long time. He was very diligent.


 We met some friends there!
 Kate loved the sand.


 Sea kelp jump rope was fun.
 Practicing for a reenactment photo I'm planning with my sisters later this summer. We did leaps across the beach when I was about 15. So fun.

 Dune jumping.
 Go Rex!

 Oh my! What a pose.



 The bounce house came out for the first time this year. Hurray!



 I have attractive children.









post signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute! You do have attractive children, and have trained them well for photographs. I have neglected in that area. Your beach-leaping, dune-jumping, picture-taking abilities inspire me.

Michael Family said...

Fun!

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

Love the beach pictures, especially the leaping once! Very acrobatic. And yes, your children are attractive and very photogenic. The outfits are cute and I like the color coordination. My mom matched us until I was in high school!