Friday, July 20, 2012

Just Keep Swimming

I thought summer would be relaxing and fun and very, very chill.  I haven't made it to the dog days yet, I guess.  Maybe after next week.  I'm off to YW Camp (my second year as assistant director) and I am in a frenzy trying to get everything done.  I guess I took on more assignments this year, because my house is being overtaken by half-finished camp projects.  And the rest of it is moving rapidly toward entropy.  Yikes!  I know it will all get done somehow (even if it's midnight and I'm making beads alone in my tent), but I am torn between feeling like I want it all to end, and not wanting it to go by too quickly.  I have to admit I am looking forward to having someone else cook for me, even if it is camp food, and sleeping alone in a tent is bliss. 

I might have overdone it by picking 23 pounds of raspberries earlier this week, not asking for help because I like perfection (although my sis Shauna came and helped me for a bit last night and was a machine!), and saying "I'll do that" a few too many times.  So although I haven't begun packing, and I still have several beads to complete, I'm taking the night off to help Kyle celebrate his birthday.  But on Monday I'm off for a week at Camp Alpine, where I am sure to make a fool of myself, work like a dog, and have an amazing week.  Meanwhile, Kyle and the veggies will hold down the fort here, and maybe even clean up after themselves.  Then, the chillaxing will begin!  Stop by in August for lemonade on the deck, fresh tomatoes from the garden, and leisurely bike rides.  We'll have blueberry cake and homemade ice cream too, I promise.



post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Amy. I don't know how you're holding it together so well. Let me help you more! It was fun!

Steph said...

Have fun! I'm so glad my girl's camp adventure came the very first week of summer so I could check it off my list. . .