Sunday, April 1, 2012

Beach Weekend

Last weekend we rented a house near Depoe Bay, OR, with our good friends the P family.  We knew them in Michigan.  I love seeing friends from other times in our lives.  I wish we could get together with people more often.  Luckily for us, The P family moved to Washington, so we can see them at least once a year.  Our kids line up so well in ages and gender, and Kyle and I get along with J and J great too.  We had a lovely time whale watching, beach combing, playing games, shopping, hot-tubbing, and hanging out.  One night we had a fire on the beach and roasted marshmellows.  Michigan friends, let us know if you want to join in next year!

 Kyle takes the girls out exploring at the cobble beach tide pools in Newport. 

 The kids loved hot-tubbing twice a day.

 The beach was so close that we could go down several times a day.  But the tide had to be out.  When it was in, it was very close!  Most of the kids got caught by waves while trying to run away from them.  We had lots of wet shoes. 

 Here's all 8 of our kids.  Aren't they cute?  I love the littlest bookends.  These two were kissing and hugging each other.  I hope they get married some day!

Dallin and Hayden

 Jillian and Annabel - these two email each other all the time. 

 Joe and Kyle.  We couldn't get them to hug. 

 Jan and Amy

Sunset at the beach, my favorite.


post signature

3 comments:

Michael Family said...

Looks fun and coooollllldddd!

Britney said...

How fun! It is nice to get away sometimes and meet up with friends :) I am glad you had nice weather too! I love the kid picture!

SusieQ said...

Sounds like a great time! I love the coast.