Maybe some of you are dying to see photos from our Halloween. Probably not, but I feel like I should post some for posterity. This wasn't our best Halloween, but it was still a fun weekend. We did all the usual things, and then some. The kids had a 4-day weekend, so by Sunday I was pretty worn out. I hereby resolve to be a better pumpkin carver and to find a killer costume for next year.
My recipe for the week:
Amy's favorite lunch salad
2 C mixed greens
1 T goat cheese crumbles
1 T nuts (cashews or pecans are my faves right now)
1/2 C sliced red or black seedless grapes
a few sliced red onions
a few spritzes of raspberry vinaigrette dressing
and then eat
1 mini Twix
1 mini Milky Way Midnight
1 package of peanut M&M's
and two caramels.
Yep, that's the way it's been going this week. Oh well!
On to the photos!

This was the perfect way for Kara to enjoy creating a pumpkin without all the mess! One side has a kitty, one has a dog, and one has a pig. She loved it.

Jillian loves scooping the goop.

Hayden and I created a robot pumpkin.

I had 9 of their friends over for a party. We decorated cookies, played games, ate mummy hot dogs, and watched a movie. It was hard to do it by myself, but I hope they had fun!

The girls doing Halloween coloring pages and games.

Our little princess Kara at the harvest festival at church. Kyle was in charge.

Our bigger princess. So pretty!

He was supposed to be a knight, but somehow ended up as Anakin Skywalker. Lucky!

Getting ready to go trick-or-treating with some friends. It started raining just as we started out.

The loot. Our smallest cache in several years. That is not a bad thing.
2 comments:
Kara's costume is so unique for a princess one, I love it! She looks so sweet with her curls. I am impressed that you did a party. How fun!
Hey, at least those mini candy bars are a lot smaller than they used to be!
Post a Comment