I've been collecting snaps of my latest fashion attempts for the past two weeks. Kyle informs me it is not Friday, but here they are anyway. Notice that several are with skirts and dresses. I've been trying to update my "Sunday" wardrobe too. I've found that new tights, scarves, and belts can change up clothes I've had for awhile.
And I'm sorry my Taste of Tuesday recipe is one so many of you have already. I will try to get a less known one for this week! But I'm glad that so many of you like the soup, too. I have a pot roast cooking in the crock pot and the smell is making me very hungry. Sunday dinner can't come fast enough. And then I just might have some Halloween candy too. Seems I bought too much this year.

Wow. I look so scary in this photo. And I think this outfit looks better in person. But I got this shirt for about $6.00 and it's Simple Vera, as in Vera Wang. Trying out different shades of neutrals to add interest to an outfit. Did it work?

This outfit makes me look like a secretary, or the most responsible YW president ever. I love the ultra-skinny belt, but Kyle makes fun of it.

Here I layered a short-sleeved tissue tee over a new Shade layering piece. I added a newer scarf as a belt, and wore my black boots.

Same scarf, different function. I like the way the gray tights liven up the outfit. The silver belt adds more punch as well. And I love a dress with pockets!

Here's my Halloween outfit, since I didn't have a costume. It's my "boo" chic look.

My attempt with the whole "shirt as dress" look. The skinnier silhouette of the gray cords makes the looks not so bulky. And more pockets!

I've had this button down shirt for several years, but don't wear it often because it's kind of boxy. A belt adds a waist and makes it more interesting.

And finally, the new shoes I bought with a fabulous coupon I had. These are Steve Madden pumps and I got them for $27.00. I love the color and the fabric flowers. Best of all, they are also comfortable!
Happy Halloween to everyone too! I hope you enjoyed your extra hour of sleep. Our pics from the weekend will be posted soon. I know everyone posts photos of pumpkins and costumes, but I love seeing them. Makes me feel close to my friends -- like we spent Halloween together!
5 comments:
I wish we did get to spend Halloween with you guys! Cute outfits. Makes me realize that I need to spend more time thinking about what I'm putting on :)
i LOVE the secretary, tissue tee layered, and dress as a shirt combos. Awesome. I think the short orange jacket would look better on someone else. You are gorgeous and slender, and you don't need that jacket covering you up.
Enjoying your fashion posts, and looking forward to hearing about your Halloween. Happy first week of November!
I didn't have the recipe and it looks totally yummy!
You have about 80,000 clothes now huh?
I love the shoes. Can I have them? :)
Post a Comment