From NoLiTa to Brooklyn Heights, midtown to the Upper East Side, SoHo to Hell's Kitchen, I really saw a lot of New York City. We ate $32 hamburgers and $5.00 Diet Cokes, $6.00 street food and $4.00 cookies. It was definitely a good time.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
New York Minute
I have just a minute (or 5) to post about our fabulous trip to NYC this past week. It was so much fun. I loved being back in a big city. It was great to take the subway, grab a taxi, hop on the bus, or walk to several of the different neighborhoods. I'm so glad my friend Amy was there to see it all with me. Chad and Kyle went to the conference, Amy and I went, well, everywhere! I came home weighing less than when I left. Here are some photos and details of our East Coast adventure.
Having authentic coal-oven margherita pizza with Kyle.
Kyle and I took a walk in Central Park after dinner. Such a nice evening!
The view from the Staten Island Ferry. We rode it there and back to see the city at night.
The view of Manhattan from Brooklyn. It was too hot to walk across the bridge, but we did do the promenade.
Kyle and Chad debate health care reform near Grand Central Station. We had a nice walk by Bryant Park, the public library, and St. Patrick's Cathedral.
Here I am looking out the window of our 36th floor hotel room. I could see Central Park.
We saw "Mary Poppins" and "The 39 Steps". Both fun in their own ways.
Here are the 4 of us after the play hanging out in Times Square. We found some great middle eastern street food at about midnight and then went for cheesecake. Yum.
I made it to the Met! 3 hours wasn't nearly enough, but I loved every minute of it.
We got great cookies at Levain Bakery on the Upper West Side.
We also hit the Museum of Natural History and had to get a picture of "Rexy" for Hayden. This is the museum that "Night At the Museum" is set at.
I came home really sick (haven't been feeling well off and on for a few weeks). Went to the doctor on Friday and learned that my gallbladder is "chock" full of gallstones! So when we get back from Utah (leaving tomorrow), I have to have surgery. I have to avoid fatty foods to keep the gallbladder from acting up, so we'll see how it all goes. Not looking forward to it, but hoping to feel better when it's all said and done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I knew you'd have a great time in NYC! I like your photos. Sorry about the g-bladder. Good luck avoiding fatty foods. :(
What a fun trip for you guys!! I'll have to admit that I'm GREEN with envy right now. New York City is on my list of things I want to accomplish :)
I have been looking forward to this post- waiting to live vicariously through it! I still have never been to New York! I am glad you had a great time. You deserve it! And, I am sure your kids survived without you. :-) Sorry to hear about your gall bladder. I hope that all goes well.
Looks like so much fun. I hope have fun in Utah and feel better.
Those are great pics!!! You were busy. Fun to have a friend there; I didn't even know. :)
How fun! I am so jealous!!!! I'm glad that you guys had a great time though. That's fun that you could see the Larsons too. I wish you luck with your surgery!
So, do the $32 hamburgers taste any better than Red Robin? Sorry about the gallbladder, that pretty much stinks! Glad you had fun, have a good time in UT!
sorry about the surgery! hope it goes well and leaves you feeling 100%
Looks like a fabulous time! It was great seeing you last night and again this morning. We miss you already! Best of luck with your gallbladder. No fun!
Love your pictures!! I am so glad that you guys had a good time. I secretly looked for you on the TODAY show :) Happy you are home, we will have to hang out!
Post a Comment