Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back from Zion, er, Utah

We rolled in on Tuesday night, but I haven't found the energy to blog about our vacay yet. Too busy scheduling surgery (next Monday!), catching up on YW stuff, and pretending to clean my house (not going so well). However, my cute and talented sis-in-law Mandie summed up the week quite nicely on her blog. May I please refer you there? Here's the link: Plain and Precious. If you don't want to read all about it, at least click over and watch the video of Kara's burlesque dancing. Quite the hit! She would come into the middle of the floor in between rounds of Guesstures to entertain while we waited for the next person to get set up. Hilarious and adorable. And if you choose not to click over, here are a few snaps. It was fabulous to see friends from every era of our lives, from Provo, to Boston, to Michigan. So sorry we missed a few of you!

Thanks to the G fam for wonderful hospitality on the way down and back. They live in Meridian, ID, which is an excellent place to stop on the way from Oregon to Utah. And Kelli just had a beautiful baby boy. The kids got along great and we hope they come our way soon.

For Kyle's family reunion we rented a large house in Heber and enjoyed the Park City area. One day we rented wave runners and had a great time. Here's Hayden with his Aunt Jill.

Who can resist a picture of Kara's little bum? She loves the water.

Not only is this a cute picture, but I look dang skinny. Just an illusion, I'm sure!
Unfortunately, Kyle's skinniness is no illusion. : )

Kara with her best bud Uncle John.

Me with my nieces Hannah and Emma. They are about to storm BYU, so watch out everyone!

Kyle with his Mom, Karen.

We met up with my former roommate Angie and her fam. She has 5 kids and homeschools them! We always have lots to talk about.

We stayed with some old friends from Boston. Always great hosts. I'm so blessed to have great people to share my life with.

The two Amys!

Then we met the A fam at Gateway for a visit. Jillian took this picture, can you tell? They all look great and we hope to see them again soon.

Kara gives Addison a hug.

We did a lot in the 8 days we were there. It was a great vacation, although I did come home exhausted. And I really feel like coming to Oregon is coming home. That's a good feeling.

Amy

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Whew! That Kara is quite the hip shaker. Kj says she loves KaraBoo.

Joel Deehr said...

Sorry I missed you guys, I feel bad

Michael Family said...

How fun! You do look skinny in that picture. Go Amy!

Angie said...

That video of Kara is priceless! sounds like you guys had such a blast. I'm jealous that you were able to see the G's little boy. I bet he's so cute.

jan said...

Wow, You guys look like you stayed busy. Cute pictures. I hope everything goes well Monday.

Amy D said...

Fun trip! I'm so glad you could come and that we could see you for a bit. And not only do you look skinny, but you ARE skinny! Thanks for being such great friends. We'll be praying for you on surgery day.

Leslie said...

Shoot amy you do look dang good!! way to go! good luck with your surgery. glad you guys had a fun trip. miss ya

Ken and Amy said...

Oh man....our family reunion committees need to get together and coordinate alittle better. We were in the same places 3 weeks earlier in the good ol' UT! Heber and all!

Britney said...

Love your pictures! You do look super skinny, but then again, you always look skinny and great! Hope you are feeling better. Get well soon so we can go to the movies!!